Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT A CUSTOMER LOCATION IN SALINE, MI. 1ST AND 2ND SHIFTS ARE AVAILABLE.
You re a reliable, motivated and team-oriented person who likes to pitch in and keep things clean and safe. You enjoy working both inside and outside, and you ll do what it takes to get the job done safely and effectively. You know how to manage your time, and colleagues can count on you to be patient, tactful and cooperative. You desire to learn new skills, be part of a team and advance within a growing company.
Forklift Operators identify, collect, transport, process, package and prepare hazardous and universal wastes, recyclables and solid waste for storage and disposal. You ll play an integral role in supporting the Project Manager onsite.
DAY IN THE LIFE
After grabbing your favorite morning beverage, you can expect to:
* Suit up in your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
* Conduct inspections onsite and share your findings with the Project Manager.
* Collect, load and containerize materials, and prepare them for storage or shipment.
* Operate a forklift (or similar equipment) to load, unload and move materials.
* Check on waste containers throughout the facility (you ll notify your Project Manager when containers are full, or if shipments are required).
PERFORMS OTHER, RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED. These are duties which may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee s class of work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
* High School Diploma or GED
* Preferred Certifications: 40 Hour HAZWOPER, 8 Hour HAZWOPER, DOT, RCRA
* Relevant experience in the environmental industry preferred
* Moderate computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
* Valid driver s license
* Forklift certification/license preferred
* Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
* Comfort wearing a respirator if needed.
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.
FOR YOUR HARD WORK
* Opportunity for professional growth
* Employer paid certifications and training
* Paid Time Off & Holidays
* Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.