Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We are looking for a Production Manager to join our Production team with dormakaba! The ideal person for this role is a true leader who will build and maintain a high-performance culture at our Huntsville manufacturing location by focusing on speed, quality, flexibility, and dependability.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Drives our safety culture to protect our employees and minimize risk for our organization
* Provides leadership, training, and development to supervisors and leads
* Oversees all aspects of production staffing, including adjusting staffing levels to meet demand requirements, hiring, training, performance feedback, and disciplinary action
* Develops and improves production scheduling systems and prepare daily work schedules
* Establishes effective materials ordering systems to ensure production volumes can be met without interruption while minimizing raw material inventory
* Executes and manages department budget
* Develops and maintains performance metrics to monitor progress and keep Plant Manager informed of status, challenges, accomplishments, and opportunities for improvement
* Participates in strategic business planning
* Supports new product development
* Leads effective cross-functional team projects
* Works with Continuous Improvement Engineer to identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
* Knowledge of SAP ERP system
* Expert knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Kanban, Kaizen, 5S and other techniques to improve quality, increase efficiencies, and reduce cost
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills, approachable, flexible in a fluid environment.
* Customer obsession to deliver quality goods on time
* Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication equipment and operations
* Desire to immerse yourself in a new industry and become a key contributing member of the management team
* Ability to develop leaders
* Four-year technical degree or a combination of education and experience
* Ability to read and converse in English proficiently
* 5-7 years experience in managing production processes.
* Familiarity with Lean Engineering, Six Sigma, or other quality programs or equivalent experience
PUT YOUR TRUST IN US
* A global company with a family culture and strong core values
* Competitive compensation package with benefits coverage options
* Medical benefits begin on the first day of the month following the hire date!
* Career fulfillment with growth and development opportunities
* Employee discounts (online discounts for shopping, travel, insurance etc.)
dormakaba is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes through this site or directly to managers. dormakaba does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company absent a signed agreement with an approved Talent Acquisition dormakaba representative.