Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Surgery Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Surgery Technician like you to be a part of our team.
As a Surgery Technician, you will assist in the cleaning and preparation of the operating room suite, as well as participating in the care and cleaning of operating room equipment. You will perform in a sterile field and assist the surgeon by providing instrumentation appropriate for the task. You will provide care for the operative patient before, during, and after surgery.
* You will perform patient care within the scope of training of the operating room technician and under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN)
* You will prepare patients, equipment, and operating rooms for each procedure/surgery
* You will maintain a clean and safe operating room suite for surgical patients
* You will perform intra-operative management of assigned procedures and anticipate needs of the surgeon
* You will assist the circulating nurse in maintaining correct instrument counts
* You will be responsible for supply and equipment management, including determining needs, ensuring availability, and maintaining equipment through proper sterilization
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 171-bed facility offering a range of services including advanced cardiac care at Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock--the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County, which offers heart and valve surgery and includes a catheterization and electrophysiology lab, as well as a Hybrid Operating Room (OR) for cardiovascular patients. Other services include advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center, emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department including locations in Cedar Park and Leander, as well as a dedicated unit for cancer care and inpatient rehabilitation. St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing neurosurgery, advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgery Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* In lieu of successful completion of a Surgical Technologist program, 6 years of recent experience as a Surgical Technician with demonstrated competency in 5 or more specialties to include: General, Gynecology, Orthopedics, Neurology, and Plastics
* 3 years of operating room scrub experience - preferred
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist Program and successful completion of the certification exam
Licenses and Certifications
* Surgical Technologist that graduate after September 1, 2009 must hold and maintain a current certification as a Surgical Technologist within 180 days from the date of graduation
* Certification must be from: 1. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or its successor; 2. The National Center for Competency Testing or its successor; 3. Another surgical technology certification program approved by the department
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.