Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Join an award-winning team! Our community is proud to enjoy back to back deficiency-free surveys through the state of California! Also, our community won the the prestigious 2018 \\"Silver\\" award through the American Health Care Association for quality care of our residents. We are one of only a small handful of care centers in the entire nation to enjoy this award and designation!
Prestige Assisted Living at Oroville (https://www.prestigecare.com/location/prestige-assisted-living-at-oroville) is a friendly community located in a serene, country setting just off the Olive Highway. Many of our apartments feature views of the nearby Table Mountains, Butte Mountains and scenic rolling hills. There are many amenities available to our residents including life-enrichment programming to keep them active and engaged in the community each day.:
The Oroville wellness program, Celebrations (https://www.prestigecare.com/service/our-services/assisted-living-/celebrations), is designed to nurture mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to celebrate life. As your partner in active aging, it is our goal to help you achieve an optimum level of health and wellness throughout all aspects of your life.:
Using innovative care techniques and life enrichment programming, our community offers award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program (https://www.prestigecare.com/service/our-services/assisted-living-/expressions-memory-care) that provides people with dementia an outlet for creativity through arts, learning, and spirituality. Designed to keep up with all the latest research and information surrounding dementia, Oroville s team aligns with experts in the field of Alzheimer s research to continually provide refreshed programming for residents, and ongoing training and education for our amazing staff and families.:
Questions? Contact OrovilleED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:::
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Provides direct resident care, completes assignments as a universal worker, and assists in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides direct resident care while promoting resident dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the Health Services Director, Expressions Coordinator, or Executive Director.
* Assists with or provides care services as directed by the resident s cooperative service plan.
* Reports and documents all incidents and accidents per policy. Completes all incident forms.
* Assists residents to and from dining room and activities.
* Performs First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures as required.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously and answers phones when assigned.
* Follows and supports community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
* Serves meals in the dining room, assisting residents at meal time, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
* Assists in lifting, moving and transporting residents using proper body mechanics or assistive devices as directed by the resident s cooperative service plan.
* Assists with tours, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers.
* Coordinates personal care services with co-workers assisting with lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
* Assists with apartment housekeeping services and resident s laundry.
* Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Other duties as assigned
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Trust.
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
* Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Must hold state required certification, complete state required delegation and/or training requirements and successfully complete the ADL competency return demonstration. Must have word processing skills. Current First Aid and CPR certification. Food Handlers permit if required by State.
High school diploma or GED with one or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred.