Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent interpersonal skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist leadership, department members, and all visitors to the department by handling office tasks, providing assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an Administrative Specialist, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive to detail while also being accurate. They should always be prepared, responsive, adaptable and willing to meet each challenge directly. The candidate should possess advanced verbal and written communication skills.
* Coordinates administrative support for project management.
* Ensures timely and cost effective completion of administrative details.
* Ensures that practices and procedures used by subordinates are consistent with established procedures.
* Provides administrative services for departments while anticipating, initiating, coordinating and following up on administrative activities and other special projects.
* May have the functional responsibility for providing direction to other administrative staff.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Five (5) years of administrative support experience required.!!Experience must involve e-mail, word processing and typing correspondence and reports, data entry, budgeting and bookkeeping, preparing presentations and filing.!!Grants and/or database experience preferred.
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO SEARCH FIRMS:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.