Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Are you a bridge builder? Relationships are everything at G&J Pepsi. As a member of our sales team, you will be the face of Pepsi, and the relationships you develop with our customers are key to our success. We look for people who are passionate about our brands and enjoy being out in the market interacting with people.
The Customer Service Merchandiser serves our customers by selling, ordering and merchandising our products in large format accounts to established standards in order to increase company sales and profits.
• Maximizes sales and distribution of our products by working with retailers to identify opportunities to increase the sales and profitability of the company through proper use of Point of Sale materials, communication of price/value and securing placement of new and incremental equipment and displays.
• Develops, builds and maintains relationships with Store Management at the retailer location to sell and accurately order the appropriate level of product for each location.
• Stocks, rotates and displays all products to established standards (e.g. coolers, vendors).
• Maintains a clean, neat and organized backroom at retailer locations according to established standards.
• Ensures proper POS items are set up and displayed according to established standards (e.g. clings, base wrap, pole signs, banners).
• Responsible for cleaning all locations at which our products are displayed (e.g. coolers, vendors, racks, shelving).
• Communicates with retailers and Pepsi management team on issues regarding pricing, products, programs and problems that arise in the store.
• Adheres to all company policies, standards and procedures (e.g. OSHA and safety requirements, AIB and Pepsi standards, Federal/State/Local laws); wears all required personal protective equipment.
• Completes daily reports, time off requests and other required paperwork according to established standards.
• Maintains confidentiality of financial information, promotions, pricing, customer information and other sensitive and confidential information.
• Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent degree required; Associate's degree in business or related field strongly preferred.
1-3 years sales experience (e.g. retail sales management, consumer product line).
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; previous VIP experience is preferred.
Must have a valid Driver's License; employee must be insurable to operate a vehicle as a condition of initial and continued employment.
Knowledge of: retail sales environment; grocery and beverage industry; standard selling practices; writing customer orders; Microsoft Office Suite; VIP. Skill in: selling products and promotions; internal and external customer service. Ability to: work quickly, efficiently and independently; multi-task; communicate effectively with customers and other employees both verbally and in writing; adapt to change; relate to and influence customers; develop and maintain good working relationships; write and enter accurate orders; be trained on operating a pallet jack, powered hand cart and other mechanical equipment; drive a vehicle; operate a computer; problem solve. Other functions, skills and abilities may also apply.
G&J Pepsi provides benefits-eligible employees with a comprehensive benefits and perks package that goes well beyond the number you see in your paycheck. From sponsored medical and income protection coverage to a generous retirement plan and great entertainment and retail discounts, G&J believes in rewarding its hard-working employees for their contributions toward the company's success.
Diversity has power. It's an investment in our present and our future. That's why we celebrate and respect the rich culture and differences of our employees, customers, business partners, and communities we serve.
At G&J Pepsi, employment decisions are made without regard to: race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.