Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, DC US Citizenship: Yes
Clearance Required: DOT Suitability
BayFirst Solutions is hiring a Program Analyst to support a contract in the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). The Program Analyst selected for this position will provide analysis and program management support the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) process. FOIA was enacted by Congress to improve the transparency of federal government functions by providing previously unreleased information upon request using a case management process established by the government agency handling FOIA requests. The successful candidate must possess sound judgement and analytical abilities, strong attention to detail, strong written and verbal communications skills, be well-organized, and teamwork skills. Experience with processing or managing detailed administrative processes is essential.
Support provided to PHMSA may include the following functions:
* Perform intake functions for FOIA requests, to include logging requests into the computer system and assigning case tracking numbers.
* Review FOIA requests for appropriateness, completeness, type of processing required, internal coordination required, etc.
* Identify issues requiring clarification from the person/organization requesting information via FOIA.
* Prioritize requests requiring expedited processing using criteria established by PHMSA.
* Conduct preliminary research of agency files to locate easily retrievable information, identify record sensitivities, etc.
* Balance the processing of simple and complex FOIA requests.
* Consult with internal PHMSA staffs as needed to obtain addition additional information or determine the status of request processing.
* Track FOIA cases, identify processing problems/delays and make recommendations for corrective actions to agency staff.
* Make recommendations for information release decisions or additional processing requirements to appropriate agency staff.
* Interact with persons/organizations requesting information through FOIA.
* Assess program performance and objectives. Identify areas for improvement, develop recommended courses of action for client approval and implement approved decisions.
* Attend meetings involving internal and external PHMSA stakeholders.
* Review or develop communications products for government clients (e.g., emails, memos, letters, issue papers, PowerPoint briefings, etc.).
* Keep abreast of new policies, procedures, regulations, and directives; communicate changes as required to client staffs and comply with updated requirements
* Bachelor's degree BA/BS degree plus seven (7) years experience implementing programs and procedures for government or private sector organizations.
* BA/BS in relevant field
* MS SharePoint
* Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Thank you for your interest in BayFirst Solutions LLC. If you are unable or limited in your ability to apply online, you can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources to express interest in a specific position: Phone: 202-567-2196.
Note: This option is available only to those needing an accommodation related to a disability. In order to express interest, you must have the information related to the specific position you are interested in (Job ID, Job title, Location, etc.). Information related to existing profiles or applications will not be provided via this phone number.
BayFirst Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. BayFirst Solutions prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected class. .