Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes. BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
This position belongs to the algorithm team in Broadband Plasma Wafer Inspection (BBP) division. The team is responsible for real-time algorithms research and development. This individual will utilize his/her strong skills in image processing, computer vision, deep learning, mathematics, and software to build algorithms for the world most advanced wafer inspection platforms. Responsibilities of this position include
* Analyze the signal and noise characteristics of current and emerging IC yield limiting defects, formulating algorithmic solutions, and validating them via simulation and prototyping.
* Work with product system engineering team to define the algorithm performance specification and use it to guide the algorithm design and implementation.
* Act as the algorithm representative during system level hardware/software integration.
* Provide algorithm technical support during product demo and beta testing, work with domain experts from other functional teams on special customer engagement projects.
* Participate in software quality assurance activities required by the software development process.
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
* Strong background in image processing, computer vision, math, deep learning and/or pattern recognition
* Significant experience of C++ development in both windows and Linux environment
* Strong mathematic skills in linear algebra and optimization
* Ability to formulate solutions through analyzing complex data
* Great interpersonal and communication skills
* Knowledge in semi-conductor photo-lithography or VLSI process is desired but not required
* PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.