Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn t changed our tight-knit feel we ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Thermoforming Supervisor, you will be responsible for operating all thermoforming equipment in a safe manner. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You will have the ability to work with various teams and have a good eye to spot defects in the packing line. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills, and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Responsible for picking, inspecting, packing and bagging product into boxes before they are shipped out to the client
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment
* Report any quality defects to the machine operator or supervisor
* Work with the material handler and machine operator to ensure production demands are met
* New hires will train on 1st shift (6:00 AM - 2:00 PM) and after completing their training will move to 2nd (2:00 PM - 10 PM) or 3rd (10:00 PM - 6:00 AM) shift. Must be able to work all shifts. This position is unionized, and benefits start after 30 days.
This position is in our Plastics facility in beautiful Franklin Park, IL
* Ability to stand for 8 hours
* Lift up to 40 lbs.
* Work in a manufacturing setting with varying temperature
* Steel toe shoes
* 1 year of food, paper, plastic, or metal production
* 2 year of packing manufactured goods
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.