Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
We enjoy the important work we do every day on behalf of our members.
The Director, Product Strategy, is responsible for ensuring optimal performance across multiple products within the Senior Products division's Massachusetts market. The Director is responsible for leading product strategy and management for Massachusetts HMO, Senior Care Options (SCO), and Medicare Supplement product portfolio, with the potential for addition of new products over time. With demonstrated experience guiding the development and execution of product management capabilities in Medicare Advantage, the Director is responsible for delivering key performance objectives for the market. The Director will engage cross-functionally within and beyond the division to set product strategy to deliver growth, quality, and earnings targets. As a direct report to the division's Vice President of Senior Products, the Director will also lead the annual business planning process for Massachusetts and oversee business performance goals.
The role works closely with colleagues in Sales & Marketing, Actuarial, Network Contracting, Clinical Services, IT, Operations, and Compliance to develop and execute strategic initiatives that will support Massachusetts product strategy and performance. The Director is responsible for an array of functions to drive earnings and growth:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Product Strategy and Planning
- Lead product strategy, planning, and execution for the Senior Products Massachusetts portfolio in support of growth, earnings, and quality targets
- Understand and synthesize marketplace trends (consumer, competitor, provider) and business drivers (financial, operational)
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to improve competitive positioning; lead development of business case or other operational changes to drive improvement
- Partner with the Bid Implementation team, Compliance, and Sales & Marketing to ensure products in the Massachusetts portfolio are compliant with CMS and DOI policies
- Assess changes in the external environment including state and federal government; build and lead execution of plans to address
- Provide input to Vice President of Senior Products and functional leaders on issues impacting Massachusetts product success including medical cost management, quality, operations, member experience and government affairs
- Partner across Population Health, Provider Performance Management, Actuarial, and Network Contracting teams to deliver medical cost management improvement in support of margin targets
- Lead development of Senior Products medical cost management initiatives as direct report to VP, Senior Products and in partnership with other Senior Products and Enterprise leaders
- Own accountability for end-to-end product management process, metrics, and performance reporting
- Develop business cases for product improvement, including for benefits / vendor partnerships that will drive growth, retention, and margin goals
- Partner cross-functionally to support development and implementation of business cases that will improve Product positioning
- Guide multi-year implementation plans to align the product portfolio to business objectives, working across Business Implementation, Operations, Member Experience, and Information Services
- Model Tufts Health Plan mission and values; represent values of integrity and excellence in all stakeholder interactions
- Coach junior staff on problem-solving and analytics, work structure and management, written, and verbal communication
The Director should have experience building and deploying products and programs in Medicare Advantage. Experience in Government segments, business analytics, product design, and payor/provider collaboration is preferable.
EDUCATION: (Minimum education & certifications required)
Bachelor's degree required. Masters degree in business, health administration, or a related field
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible management experience in health plans required
- Comprehensive understanding of Medicare Advantage performance drivers. Experience in at least one of the following product strategy, network management, risk adjustment or medical cost management required
- Track record of successful leadership working in a matrix structure
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
- Problem solving across a wide range of business situations
- Strategy development, including market assessment, competitive analysis, and business case development
- Superior analytical skills using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods and tools
- Ability to understand the division's end-to-end business model and key performance metrics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and change
- Ability to set a motivating vision and motivate a team to implement
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage projects, priorities, and ensure timely execution
- Ability to interact and develop relationships with stakeholders in a matrixed organizational setting
- Demonstrated ability to play a leadership role within an organization
- Ability to lead an Analyst team and develop junior staff
What we build together changes our customer's health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!.
Tufts Health Plan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.