Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Sr. Financial Analyst position includes responsibilities related to analyzing and assessing the overall financial condition of Hawaii Gas and presenting the results of that analysis to Management in order to drive change and improvement in the organization. This position also includes the creation and maintenance of standard monthly, quarterly and annual templates to facilitate the analysis (using budget, actual and last best estimate (LBE) indicators).
- Work closely with Sales organization to determine patterns in customer behavior, emerging trends etc. in order to drive the enhancement of HG pricing strategy
- Work closely with Procurement and Financial Institutions to develop a go forward strategy on commodity hedging (propane procurement)
- Work closely with third party consultants to model future volume based on economic predictors (eg. GDP, Hawaii visitation, cost of efficient technology, etc.)
- Participate in analysis of Return on Rate Base (Utility business) to determine the need for additional rate case filings with PUC - ongoing monitoring of Return on Rate Base/Return on Equity relative to permissible returns
- Based on the above drive optimization of Contribution Margin
Due Diligence Support
- Assist heavily in production of due diligence materials, presentation of financial results as part of due diligence and ongoing support of all due diligence and post-due diligence efforts
- Drive in depth financial analysis of various scenarios which are aligned with HG goal/regulatory mandate of carbon neutral by 2045 (HG Clean Energy Plan)
Other/Ad Hoc Analysis
- Support overall analysis of HG financial health via ongoing ad hoc analysis
- Participate with Sales/Operations/Regulatory in financial analysis of business efforts
Other General Responsibilities
- Complies with all safety rules and cooperates in the fullest in the promotion of safety and safe work habits, to include the reporting of any unsafe conditions or acts. Maintains all EH&S training on a current basis.
- Complies with all applicable MIC and Hawaii Gas policies and procedures.
- Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner; performs housekeeping duties as required and/or instructed. Works in a safe and responsible manner.
- Performs all other related duties as instructed by supervisor/manager.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of related experience and education.
- Three to four years relevant work experience in financial analysis or related finance field
- Excellent working knowledge and experience with Microsoft suite of tools, specifically, Excel, Access, and Power Point; and other financial software programs and applications.
- Ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple demands and work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to equally train, give and receive instructions.
- Attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing).
- Flexible and adaptable to changes within the position/department/company.
- Able to steward themselves in a professional and courteous manner to promote a harmonious working environment.
- Able to communicate professionally, courteously, and effectively utilizing standards means of communication within the workplace (i.e., verbal, written, e-mail, phone, text, etc.).
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment.