Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Weekends Only
Do you have the career opportunities as a Phlebotomist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Mission and Values
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Phlebotomist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Accurate phlebotomy work is essential to ensure patients get the right diagnoses and treatments. Phlebotomists must carefully identify patients, label blood work and appropriately fill out required paperwork. They must also understand what is required for each ordered blood test to ensure patients don't have to return for secondary blood draws and receive accurate results the first time.
ABOUT THIS UNIT:
· Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life
· By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.
* Under the supervision of the Section Manager and/or LST Coordinator performs phlebotomy procedures and transports laboratory specimens.
* Draws blood from patients for analysis or other medical purposes. Assembles equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection tubes, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified tests.
* Verifies and records patient identity and converses with patient to explain procedures and allay fear of procedure.
* Assists with clerical duties including data entry and report distribution.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Phlebotomy certification by ASCP and/or NCA highly desired
* Six months phlebotomy experience preferred; phlebotomy experience in hospital laboratory highly desire
* Attention to detail, ability to work with a low error rate, ability to verbally communicate effectively
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women's Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Phlebotomist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.