Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Part Time
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham (BID Needham) is a licensed 58 bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 36240BR
JOB SUMMARY: Organizes and conducts a Physical Therapy program upon referral from a physician to facilitate rehabilitation of the mentally, cognitively or physically handicapped or injured person. Educates patients, families, students and the community in the Physical Therapy practice. Participates as a team member in the day to day operations of the department.
* Evaluates patients, establishes goals and implements treatment program per department's procedures and standards of care in a supportive and caring environment.
* Instructs patients and families in occupational therapy procedures as part of a patient's on going program as needed.
* Adequately plans for patient's discharge involving other pertinent team members, when appropriate.
* Records and reports patient's progress for review by members of Rehabilitation team and other third parties and meets all regulatory requirements.
* Bachelor's degree required .
* License required: Physical Therapist License
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* One year of Physical Therapy experience preferred
* Vestibular experience preferred
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.