Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
WHAT YOU LL BE DOING
The Director, Corporate Communications is responsible for leading and helping to define and execute Tableau's relationship with key media and industry influencers in order to produce brand-building public relations that help increase awareness of Tableau and builds goodwill towards the company at a global scale. This includes the development of executive communications and the development of corporate messaging to support Tableau business objectives. The Director, Corporate Communications works to gain positive coverage across the key markets around the world and ensure PR supports and amplifies marketing efforts in each region, in particulars in the U.S. This position is responsible for ensuring success of the global Public Relations program and meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative goals.
The PR team interacts regularly with members of printed and online business and technical media, in order to drive and affect positive articles, mentions, and social commentary. This position has responsibility for day-to-day management of the PR team that includes the planning, engagement and measurement of all media activity.
Some of the things you ll be doing include
* Develop global PR strategy.
* Leadership and management of USCA PR team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management.
* Lead and scale US media/public relations to achieve high-visibility, positive presence of Tableau in top tier and industry media.
* Develop corporate messaging to establish consistent delivery and positioning of Tableau.
* Participate in crisis communications as needed.
* Develop and drive executive communications to elevate executive public profile and influence.
* Create and drive major, break-through public relations campaigns.
* Foster excellent media relations with across broad and trade publications.
* Train, brief and advise Tableau spokespeople in preparation for media interviews.
* Lead US PR team strategy and execution in best-in-class corporate communication strategy.
* Maintain high-level of responsiveness for internal and external media inquiries.
* Develop and execute overall coordinated, enterprise-wide regional communications strategy.
* Implement protocols and best practices in anticipation of crisis management.
* Provide strategic internal communications counsel, focused on fostering positive employee sentiment and engagement.
* Ensure communications strategies are informed by solid data analytics.
* Regular, predictable job attendance.
WHO YOU ARE
* EXPERIENCED. 7-10+ years of experience in an agency or in-house PR role.
* EDUCATED. Bachelor s degree in communications, business, English, or another relevant field.
* ENERGY AND CREATIVITY. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You love the creative process and have a keen eye for stories that stick and help brand awareness.
* DOMAIN. Knowledge of traditional and digital news formats, newswires and social media.
* EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. Exceptional writing skills, strong verbal communication, strong project management skills, and sound business judgment.
* TECHNICALLY SAVVY. You don t shy away from opportunities to get into technology and you can learn it quickly. Strong computer skills including the MS Office suite and common social networking sites and data analytics. Knowledge of technology industry, data space and Tableau.
* A TRUE TEAM PLAYER. You're a leader and you know that to get the best results, you also have to be a great team player. Highly collaborative with an ability to work with leadership and the rest of the marketing team.
* YOU ARE A RECRUITER! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
ACCOMMODATIONS - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.