Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Part Time
SINCE 1959, MOSSREHAB HAS PROVIDED OUR PATIENTS WITH A BREADTH OF EXPERTISE UNRIVALED IN THE REGION. SUPERIOR CLINICAL EXPERTISE, NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED REHABILITATION SPECIALISTS, UNSURPASSED DIAGNOSTIC CAPABILITIES, A PASSION FOR ADVOCACY, A PATIENT CENTERED TEAM PHILOSOPHY AND A QUEST FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. THESE ARE THE QUALITIES THAT HAVE EARNED MOSSREHAB ITS OUTSTANDING REPUTATION AT THE LOCAL, REGIONAL AND NATIONAL LEVELS AND ENABLE US TO ATTRACT AND RETAIN HIGHLY MOTIVATED, GIFTED REHABILITATION PROFESSIONALS. IN FACT, U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORTS HAS CONSISTENTLY RANKED US AMONG THE NATION S BEST REHABILITATION FACILITIES. WE WERE ALSO NAMED ONE OF THE BEST EMPLOYERS IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA THIS YEAR, COME FIND OUT WHY! EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* The Hand Therapist performs therapy evaluations and treatment upon physician referral to prevent disability, develop and improve skills, and restore function.
* This position requires providing service to the following age population(s); adolescent, adult, older adult and frail elderly, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional /developmental age of the individual served.
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Doctor of Physical Therapy, Bachelor's Degree, entry level Master's Degree, or Bachelor's Degree plus certification in Physical Therapy from an APTA accredited curriculum required.
* Occupational Therapist: Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Bachelor's Degree, entry level Master's Degree, or Bachelor's Degree with certification in Occupational Therapy from an AOTA accredited Occupational Therapy Program.
* Pennsylvania licensure in Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy is required.
* Evidence of experience appropriate work towards Hand Therapy Certification, through the Hand Therapy Certification Commission, is required.
* NBCOT certification is preferred for Occupational Therapists who do not have their CHT.
* CPR certification required.
* Physical Requirements:Standing and/or walking most of an 8-hour day with occasional lifting of weights up to 50 lbs and frequent lifting of weights up to 25 lbs. Frequent bending, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, stair climbing, and standing unassisted. Occasional transferring of patients exceeding 200 lbs, frequent transferring of patients exceeding 100 lbs. Frequent writing, handling of materials and documents, palpating, and fine finger motions.
* Visual Requirements: Continuous near vision, depth perception, accommodation, full field of vision or compensatory ability, eye hand coordination, far acuity, and ability to read hand-written documents.
* Hearing Requirements: Continuous normal conversation, frequent telephone conversation at normal volumes, occasional conversation at low voice volumes.
* Working Conditions: Limited exposure to potentially hazardous substances. Frequent exposure to body fluids and patients who are incontinent and/or confused. Occasional exposure to patients who are combative and/or verbally abusive. Treatment areas may be noisy and crowded with limited climate control.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.