Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Category Manager (Product Sourcing Manager)
Since 1948, the Orr family has employed a talented team of associates who are committed to ORR Corporation s mission of protecting people, property and the environment. Today ORR supports more than 500 associates across the county while still maintaining the principles of safety, family and integrity that they were built on so many decades ago. When you join the ORR family, you know who you re working for and what you re working for. Read more about our company culture https://www.orrcorp.com/our-orr-stories
ORR Corporation protects people, property and the environment through three divisions.
ORR Safety protects people.
ORR Protection protects property.
InspectionLogic protects the environment.
This is an opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and responsible company that fosters the development of our employees. We are seeking a Product Sourcing Manager to join our growing sourcing team. Position will be based in Louisville, KY and the position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
The Product Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing, owning and executing the sourcing strategies and product development of specific safety categories. This includes working cross-functionally with customer-facing teams (Sales and Marketing) to meet customer needs by identifying or designing high margin products. Will also work with the purchasing/inventory teams to establish and maintain an efficient supply chain from manufacturer to end-user.
- Grow the Private Branded product line for assigned categories by developing products and suppliers
- Identify and establish new international suppliers to improve product margins
- Lead projects to convert end users toward products that improve value to the customer and ORR
- Negotiate cost reductions and contracts/terms directly with suppliers
- Develop and maintain strategy for products and suppliers to satisfy customers and internal stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Become the company-wide product expert for assigned categories
- Communicate and drive initiatives across multiple company functions, including Sales, Marketing and Operations
- Collaborate with marketing team to create expert product content and promote products
- Build and maintain strong relationships with strategic suppliers while consolidating existing suppliers where needed
- Rationalize suppliers and SKUs to maintain supply chain efficiency
- Remain informed of activity in the safety market/industry to communicate and strategize appropriately
- Must be a self-starter that can independently develop supplier/product strategies and execute those strategies while collaborating with the internal cross-functional team.
- Excellent negotiation skills with ability to understand value beyond product cost
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Highly intelligent with the ability to understand complex problems and provide logical solutions
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge of contract terms/conditions
- Broad knowledge of supply logistics
- Strong time management and prioritization skills needed to manage multiple projects
- Strong Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Strong and demonstrated analytical skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Business/Finance or Engineering
- Preferred 2-5 years of experience in sourcing or product management
- Preferred Product design experience
- Preferred Knowledge of safety products/standards/regulations
- Preferred MBA
- Work in corporate headquarters in open team environment.
- Occasional and flexible international and domestic travel
- All associates are required to pass a drug screen, background check and motor vehicle report.
ONCE YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU LL GET TO ENJOY:
- Working for a company where the associates are viewed as the company s greatest asset.
- Being part of something you can be proud of making a difference in the health and wellness of people and our planet.
- A growing company with a first class reputation in our respective industries.
- A culture that is fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial.
- A company that offers a focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact.
- A caring group of associates with a commitment to make the communities we work in better for all.
- Excellent benefits including 401(K), health, life, dental, tuition reimbursement and numerous perks such as training and development
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled