Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
SR APPLICATIONS SYSTM ANLYST
Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus
INTEGRATIONS & APPLICATIONS
ITS-INTEGRATIONS & APPS (07140A)
IS THIS SPLIT AND/OR FULLY GRANT FUNDED*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Applications Systems Analyst is responsible for providing development, business analyst and project management support for the University s enterprise business applications including: Infor Lawson (HR/Financials/Payroll), Kronos timekeeping, DocFinity, Advance and any related systems and supporting interfaces.
- Serves in a leading technical role in system implementations, upgrades and changes, working at a high technical and analytical level in support of customers.
- Provides project management and analysis skills to multiple system development and implementation projects. Follows standards, policies and procedures of University and ITS division to meet project goals and objectives.
- Responsible for working with clients to discover and document business and technical requirements including such departments as Human Resources, Finance and Advancement.
- Reviews system needs, investigates solutions and presents recommendations to management.
- Provides planning, analysis, testing, debugging and installation support for various University administrative and departmental business systems.
- Responsible for coding or working with developers/systems administrators, other ITS colleagues and vendors to understand requirements, to achieve technical needs, adhere to division and University standards for technology and systems and meet important milestone dates for assigned projects.
- Maintains development, test and production environments and coordinates system needs with internal resources of the ITS department.
- Serves as the primary contact for support issues and provides day-to-day operational administration of the University s business applications.
- Helps clients to understand and utilize our information systems to improve their efficiency and provide improved services.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
This position requires a bachelor s degree in information technologies or equivalent experience with at least 4 years of experience in the field or related experience. Higher education experience is a plus.
This position requires a bachelor s degree in information technologies or equivalent experience. A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of enterprise business applications.
-Infor Lawson (HR/Financials/Payroll), Kronos timekeeping, DocFinity, Advance experience and a higher education background are highly desirable.
- Excellent client facing skills including exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills, and must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and technical manuals. Must be able to effectively present information (oral and written) and respond to questions from peers and other Loyola staff, faculty, and students.
Computation Ability/Business Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and apply concepts such as resource utilization, work effort, percent to complete and project health.
- Ability to understand and apply concepts related to enterprise financial management, procurement, accounts payable, general accounting, and other related business processes.
- Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Generates creative solutions; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both group and individual problem solving situations. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Great attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings; Maintains confidentiality and follows ITS and other university policies regarding data security and protection; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences; Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately.
- Supports the organization s goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Strong administrative and organizational skills.
The majority of the work for this position will occur within the standard work week. However, this position will be on-call, and may need to work during off-hours to respond problems or during implementations/upgrades.
Project Management or Business Analysis certification preferred but not required.
- Application development experience in Java, HTML, Web Services required.
- Some knowledge of COBOL preferred.
- Expertise with security and system administration.
- Experience with SSIS, developing SQL queries and writing reports using the University s standard query and report generation tools.
- Experience working on relational databases (Oracle or SQL Server).
REQUIRED OPERATION OF UNIVERSITY OWNED VEHICLES
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE DIRECT ANIMAL OR PATIENT CONTACT*
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
QUICK LINK FOR POSTING
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty.