Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Position Summary
* The Emergency Department Assistant serves as a vital and contributing member of the patient care team. The Emergency Department Assistant is responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse and/or Emergency Department Physician in carrying out supportive patient care activities for all age groups. The Emergency Department Assistant works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Emergency Department Physician and carries out direct and non-direct patient care activities as directed by the Registered Nurse. The Emergency Department Assistant is also responsible for an efficient flow of administrative, secretarial, and clerical tasks from the patient's admission through discharge or inpatient admission.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
* License/Certifications: BLS certification required within 6 months of employment.
* Experience: Prior healthcare experience or knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing.
* Expected to be self motivated, possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, independent and logical thought process, willingness to participate in departmental educational/continuing educational programs, and the ability to be a team player in the Emergency Department.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.