Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Principal Software Engineer Full Stack
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
* Serve in a lead role as Principal Software Engineer with a full-stack focus and help us continuously improve our Percipio learner experience.
* Hands on development role designing and coding solutions.
* Strong analytical skills and object-orientated design capabilities.
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
* Apply expert full-stack knowledge in SaaS application feature creation and enhancement, performance, scalability, security and engineering best practices.
* Knowledge on system interdependencies, limitations and mitigating risks.
* Enjoys working with others, eager to help out, self-starter, results driven, helps others succeed, customer focused, comfortable with change, takes pride in work, enjoys a challenge, happy to knowledge share, is not territorial, positive attitude, owns mistakes and learns from them.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* 8+ years SaaS Industry experience in software engineering - designing, building and deploying enterprise-class software applications.
* Excellent full-stack expertise, providing strategy, designs, and technical guidance for the application developer for local and remote development teams.
* Experienced in Microservices and RESTful API s.
* Experience working with databases preferably PostgreSQL Server
* Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
* Solid knowledge of industry standards for best coding practices
* A strong understanding of approaches and techniques to optimize web performance
* Experience using Agile/Scrum in mature shop, can mentor others
* Experience working on large complex projects
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations Unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets their people and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.