Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
POSITION: Engineering Technician
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
JOB ID: 371
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Under the direction of an engineer or senior technician, provides technical support on engineering projects relating to design, test, repair, fabrication, assembly, production, installation and test of electronic hardware and systems.
* Provides technical support on engineering projects as required by engineers or senior technicians.
* Performs assembly and fabrication of assemblies as directed by engineers or senior technicians.
* Makes test on hardware, systems and subsystems using standard and special test apparatus; read/utilizes schematics, wiring diagrams, test manuals, test procedures, and performance specifications to perform test.
* Collects test data in accordance with test specifications.
* Constructs prototype models from engineering diagrams and schematics.
* Prepares test procedures, schematics, parts lists and bills of material, as required by the engineer.
* Assist on proposals with pricing or estimating test hours.
* Works closely with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance personnel.
* Maintains/demonstrates proper use and care of assigned tools and equipment.
* Travels to field locations to assist in installation and test of equipment and systems.
* Performs additional technician s tasks, as assigned.
* Maintains and improves technical skills through formal courses study of technical literature and attendance at technical symposiums.
* Adheres to Ultra Electronics Code of Conduct and Business Ethics Standards.
* Perform other related duties as required.
* 3+ years electronic technician experience.
* High school diploma
* Technical school training in electronics
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
* Associates Degree
* Electronics Systems experience
* Willing to work and cooperate with others to complete as assigned task.
* Shop Floor environment / shared workbench or workstation.
* Willing to perform repetitive motion (rotating wrists, keyboarding, using small/large tools).
* Willing to lift up to 25 pounds.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
* The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and speak or listen.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Herley is an industry leader in the design, manufacture and support of advanced integrated RF subsystems and components for high performance Electronic Warfare, Radar and Communications systems and flight test and instrumentation systems and subsystems.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AND FOR INQUIRING ABOUT, DISCUSSING OR DISCLOSING COMPENSATION. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org