Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation's most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We're proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Health Services, one of the country's leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Lead Physical Therapist to join the Mountainside Team!
What You'll Do
The Lead Physical Therapist will be responsible for collaborating with physicians, nurses, other therapists, social workers, and other members of the patient care team to develop a patient specific care and treatment plan.
The successful candidate will be able to:
* Determine appropriateness of prescribed therapies and goals for identified pathophysiological state.
* Document treatment, test procedures, patient response, and results of such as required by hospital and department policy
* Review and evaluate physician's referral (prescription) along with patient's medical record to determine physical therapy treatment required
* Perform patient tests, measurements and evaluations
* Administer therapeutic exercises to improve or maintain muscle function
* Instruct, motivate and assist patients in exercises
* Administer treatments involving application of physical agents
* Apply manual therapy
* Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain using intermittent and static traction equipment
* Provide supervision and evaluation of physical therapist assistants
* Assign patients to staff therapists daily
* Participate in committees and groups relevant to physical therapy practice in the patient care team
* Organize and lead team meetings/huddles
* Provide competency training/education to staff therapists in your report
* Participate in hiring/recruitment of new staff
* Organize per diem coverage schedule
* Perform any and all other duties assigned
What You'll Bring
* 3-5 years of experience as a physical therapist
* Successful completion of a physical therapy program at a school of physical therapy approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or the Council on Medical Education
* Current and Valid New Jersey Physical Therapy License required
* Current and Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Customer/patient centric attitude and behavior a must
What We Offer
* Competitive pay
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* 401k with Company match
* Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
* Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
* 6 Paid Holidays
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Advancement and career development opportunities
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class..