Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation's most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We're proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Health Services, one of the country's leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Radiologic Technologist to join the Mountainside Team!
What You'll Do
The Radiologic Technologist is responsible for obtaining diagnostic radiographic examinations at a technical level.
The successful candidate will be able to:
* Identify each patient prior to exam utilizing two patient identifiers according to hospital policy
* Gain patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions
* Perform portable x-ray examinations in patient rooms, operating rooms, and emergency room
* Provide lead protective shield for patients reducing radiation exposure as low as reasonably achievable
* Accept all assignments as prescribed by the Medical Imaging Coordinator regarding room assignment and work to be completed
* Enter data utilizing electronic medical records
* Prepare examination and treatment rooms with necessary instruments
* Maintain policies and procedures as they relate to HIPAA compliance
* Perform any and all other duties assigned
What You'll Bring
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Must have NJ Diagnostic Radiology licensure, ARRT and BLS certifications
* Two (2) years of experience as a Radiology Technician
* Excellent communication skills
* Customer/Patient centric attitude
What We Offer
* Competitive pay
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* 401k with Company match
* Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
* Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
* 6 Paid Holidays
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Advancement and career development opportunities
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class..