Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Project Manager II
Network Project Management
HMH Hospitals Corporation
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
8:30am - 5pm
No Weekends Required
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
No Holidays Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Project Manager II position will plan, supervise, and manage multiple medium to large-size projects. These projects will be performed in collaboration with project team members and stakeholders. The incumbent is expected to be able to deliver, within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost to complete project solutions utilizing the Project Management methodology and standards (PMBOK).This position will work within the Network Project Management Office (PMO) supporting several diverse programs and projects across a wide range of operational areas. Responsibilities include providing project management leadership, as well as establishing and maintaining outstanding project management tools and practices for operational, strategic, integration or transformation projects. This position provides direct supervision to project team members and client liaison activities. Responsible for monitoring daily operations of the team, coaching staff in working with user communities to leverage tools and technology.
A day in the life of Project Manager II at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Plan, supervise, and manage multiple medium to large-size projects.
- These projects will be performed in collaboration with project team members and stakeholders.
- Able to deliver, within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost to complete project solutions utilizing the Project Management methodology and standards (PMBOK).
- Work within the Network Project Management Office (PMO) supporting several diverse programs and projects across a wide range of operational areas. Responsibilities include providing project management leadership, as well as establishing and maintaining outstanding project management tools and practices for operational, strategic, integration or transformation projects.
- Provide direct supervision to project team members and client liaison activities.
- Responsible for monitoring daily operations of the team, coaching staff in working with user communities to leverage tools and technology.
- Lead and support proposal efforts, including project scoping and prioritization and identification of all stakeholders; Determine scope and size of a project and stakeholder requirements for each stage or aspect of the project; Develop and exercise scope change control; completes project charter and obtains approval from all stakeholders.
- Identify and manage risks associated with a project and implements strategies to reduce those risks; enforce project standards across the project teams and performs project reviews, including quality assurance and risk reviews.
- Recommend course of action regarding project issues/concerns, implement mitigation plans, and escalate risks and issues to PMO management as necessary.
- Build a cohesive project plan, engaging input of others in defining tasks and estimating the duration of all related activities. Create and execute project plans, revising through formal change control as appropriate.
- Establish and oversee project expenditures and budgets; Work with financial stakeholders to ensure that the project remains within financial and regulatory guidelines.
- Plan, direct and coordinate project activities, manage resources and sequences activities to ensure that objectives are accomplished within project timeframes.
- Maintain project focus by reordering tasks, shifting priorities, engaging resources, or otherwise managing to unexpected occurrences.
- Employ change control skills and manage to the expectations of end-users and management.
- Manage systems and operational issues related to security, privacy and stability and works with relevant departments to address the issues appropriately.
- Participate in measurement activities required to report on project effectiveness, return on investment (ROI) or other outcomes and success measurements, when necessary.
- Demonstrate effective mediation, negotiation, communication and presentation skills; Apply specific professional expertise and training to promote decision-making and facilitate issue resolution.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information across the organization, which involves giving presentations to senior leadership.
- Communicate effectively with Physicians, executives, managers, clinical teams and other staff by analyzing user needs, applying logical reasoning, defining system requirements, and developing documentation.
- Serve as a mentor, coach, and role model in developing others as project leaders.
- Develop training strategies and deliver project management training to the organization.
- Perform project closeout, including Lessons Learned activity.
- Manage staff in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare, computer science, finance, business administration or management field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of clinical, strategic, financial or other project management experience.
- Experience in extensive planning, leading teams, presentations to senior management, and working with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Significant experience with PMBOK, Agile or other Project Management approach.
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment to deliver high quality solutions and play an integral part of a cohesive team.
- Exceptional ability to work successfully with executives and physician teams.
- Proficiency with Windows based applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to facilitate cross functional teams.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication (written/verbal) skills. E
ducation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- MS or MBA degree.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- CAPM, PMP or PgMP Certification.
- Six Sigma or Lean Sigma training/certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.