Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The training wage for a Production Laborer position is $18.02/hour with an increase to $20.02+/hour after a successful 60 Days probationary period. Annual merit increase subject to the CBA, as well opportunity for advancement into other higher paid roles. General Mills also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift.
- Comprehensive benefits package including highly competitive medical, dental and vision plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Retirement options including employer contributions to 401(k)
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Jury pay
- Plant incentive Program - Bonus
- Saturday Pay
- Sunday Pay
- Funeral leave Pay
- Sick Pay
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee's responsibility to fully support this vision. Skilled Operators are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the support of various processing and packaging equipment operations throughout the facility.
The General Mills located in the City of Vernon processes flour from wheat. The flour mill packs and bulks 25 and 50 pound bags to several bakery establishments and distributers across Southern California. The manufacturing plant operates 24 hours per day, between 5-7 days per week. Majority of employees rotate on a bi-weekly basis. Junior Level Operators are expected to rotate shifts bi-weekly as a basic job requirement. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Production Laborer applicants must be willing to work any shift including overnights, nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
In this role, you will:
- Master Base position that will lead to future operator roles
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Support production lines by supplying with materials as needed
- Perform various sanitation and clean up duties
- Assists operators during bottlenecks or when production lines are shut down
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment
- Be responsible for executing all required HACCP processes and documentation
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and ability to effectively communicate in English including writing and reading
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends on a rotating shift basis
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Some experience in the manufacturing food industry
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to follow process flow and basic troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in basic mechanical skills and ability to identify malfunctions to solve problems
- AA degree or higher
- Punctual and Reliable
- Have a Belief in Zero for zero human and food safety incidents
- Experience working as One Team
- Takes ownership in achieving success
- Excellent Communication .
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.