Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Senior Business Analyst - Thinkful A Chegg Online Learning Service
Analytics Team | Remote
Who we are:
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning via our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit .
We are seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst with a focus on finance to join our growing data team. You will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and evolving financial KPIs and forecasts, as well as other business health metrics. You will work closely with Thinkful's CEO, product managers, and other department leads at Thinkful. Your work will be used as an input to top-level strategic decisions and financial planning.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing repeatable solutions for business and product analytics, which includes consolidating large data sets across disparate data sources, building predictive models, and providing ongoing visibility into performance. You should have a track record of serving as a project lead, serving as a thought partner to cross-functional stakeholders, gathering impactful insights, presenting your findings to senior stakeholders, and making recommendations that influence product-related decisions.
We are seeking someone who will support the company's mission and culture, adhering to established ethical standards. Persistence, creativity, strong detail orientation, communication skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit are all vital to succeed in this role.
- Core financial analytics: provide ongoing insights into KPIs including customer lifetime value (LTV), cost of goods sold (COGS), and customer acquisition cost (CAC).
- Identify key levers in the business and support goal-setting processes by uncovering trends and trajectories.
- Further develop student forecasts, and improve modeling around key funnel steps (e.g., lead conversion, admissions processes).
- Analyze aspects of our student population that drive retention or lead to churn.
- Partner with executives, product managers, data scientists, and engineers to solve pressing issues, answer ad hoc questions, and build new features in a fast-paced environment.
- TL;DR tech skills: Python, SQL, Excel, and Tableau.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a business analyst, financial analyst, or data scientist, preferably in a B2C context.
- High-level proficiency with Python programming (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas).
- Fluency in SQL, with extensive experience aggregating data and creating new tables/views for reporting purposes.
- Advanced Excel proficiency (e.g., index matching, array formulas, conditional statistics). If your knowledge of Excel comprises only pivot tables and VLOOKUPs, this role is likely not a match for you.
- Ability to build functional and insightful dashboards in Tableau or Looker.
- Solid grasp of supervised (classification, regression) and unsupervised (clustering) learning algorithms.
- Experience working with incomplete datasets and making decisions based on the best information available.
- Demonstrated success managing analytical projects with multiple stakeholders and collaborators.
- Strong communication skills across written, slide deck, and verbal presentation mediums.
- Strong business acumen, self-motivated, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S/B.A.) or equivalent training/work experience required. Master's degree preferred.
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on' digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we've expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg:
Certified Great Place to Work!:
Chegg Corporate Career Page:
Thinkful (a Chegg Online Learning Service):
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer