Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
IDeaS Sr. Accountant
IDeaS (a SAS company)
Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world's hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Finance is a very diverse world at IDeaS, numbers are the key to linking the goals, the results, and the history. Putting together a complete financial picture for our executives and owners to use towards future decision making.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Accountant to support the Finance leadership in carrying out management and corporate accounting responsibilities by maintaining accurate financial information and related reporting while ensuring internal controls are preserved.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Coordinate the application of proper revenue recognition for our Software as a Service (SaaS) based business model
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements for the company's business activities
- Engage with internal functional management to analyze key drivers of revenue and expenses and provide related revenue and profit forecasts for the business to make strategic decisions
- Coordinate the monthly determination of segment and product profitability in addition to company level financial results
- Partner with the parent to coordinate and reconcile intercompany activity
- Perform reconciliations of company financial data, researches variances, and adjusts as needed
- Enter, review, and/or approve financial transactions in the company's financial system
- Maintain controls over sales tax and various business tax reporting
- Review and/or prepare schedules and work papers for internal auditors as required
- Lead special projects and/or project teams, as assigned
- Monitor compliance with company financial policies and in accordance with GAAP
- Work with operational leaders to develop annual budget and related mid-year forecasts
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Assist with department training of other Finance staff
Do you qualify? You must have…
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience within a global corporate environment
- Minimum 3 years of revenue recognition experience, preferably in a SaaS technology business
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with ERP software (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Experience developing annual budgets and related mid-year forecasts
- Proven ability to prepare a complete set of financial statements (B/S, I/S, Cash Flow)
- Experience with multi-currency and transaction/translation
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to understand, interpret and present conclusions on financial data
- Demonstrated ability to work in a leadership role and supervise staff accountants
Preferences for this role include…
- CPA certification
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.