Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Title*Hiring Immediately* Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Job Description SummaryThe Facility Generalist is responsible for performing event support, furniture moves/buildouts and general maintenance tasks. Basic responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks: handling furniture/office equipment, assembling and disassembling furniture, Event support, wall repair, painting, lighting replacement, light carpentry and general building support activities as required. This position does not require any trade specific training.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, repair and deliver commercial furniture
- Execute employee and equipment moves
- Provide set-up and tear-down for events and meetings
- General maintenance tasks as assigned
- Provide a high level of service and quality while completing assigned tasks as scheduled
- Provide positive customer interactions and demonstrate creative problem solving
- Maintain work and inventory records using provided digital tools
Training & Education Requirements:
- High School graduate, GED, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience working with commercial systems furniture and/or in a maintenance environment
- Must possess a valid state driver s license
- Basic computer skills required
- Must have flexibility to work overtime as needed and all assigned shifts
Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screening
- Must be able to consistently push and pull up to 50 pounds and lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and capable of extensive bending, stooping, stretching, pushing, and carrying
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to dust, chemicals and loud noises
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.