Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Loan General Ledger Accountant
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a
true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the
lives of clients and communities in the Washington, D.C. region for 150
years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be
the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial
services company focused on creating remarkable experiences for our employees,
clients, shareholders and communities.
We are proud to be recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore
Sun as a 2019 Top Workplace, as well as Forbes magazine as the #1
Bank in Maryland for 2019. It is our employees who play an integral role in
shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matter most to us: people
To help us attract the highest quality
individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who
qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple
retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health
care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development
opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much
more, making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently
recruiting for a Loan General Ledger Accountant in the Loan Administration
Department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for performing
a variety of duties related to loan general ledger account reconciliations and
quality assurance reviews under minimal supervision and following established
procedures. Focus includes one or more of the following types of loans:
Commercial, Consumer and Mortgage. An
advanced understanding of general ledger accounts and accounting principles is
required. Familiarity with FIS loan
system is preferred.
Areas of focus:
- On a daily basis, reconciles the bank's Loan Control general ledger account. Activities flowing through this account include, but are not limited to: loan payments, loan advances, incoming and outgoing wires, online dollar (deposit) transactions, participations, and unposted transactions. Works with internal partners to identify and resolve balancing differences.
balances, and provides supporting documentation for a variety of daily and
monthly general ledger accounts.
Researches out of balance account conditions and escalates
information to department manager. Responsible for daily system
balancing. These reconciliations
include, but are not limited to: Revolving Credit, Loans Serviced by
Others, Vendor Fees, Interface Suspense, and SBA Loan Clearing.
- Reviews system
generated reports on a daily basis to ensure transactions were accurately
processed and non-reconciled accounts are in balance. Works with internal partners to
immediately resolve processing errors.
- Responsible for
maintaining complete and accurate daily work files. These files should include supporting
documentation for all reconciliations performed, as well as all balancing
- Bachelor's degree in business or accounting related field is preferred.
- Position requires 3 to 5 years of experience in a business environment, preferably in a banking/financial organization.
- Experience using personal computers systems including Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Word, and database applications required. Advanced problem solving skills are needed to find solutions to problems that are technically complex and require collection, interpretation, and analysis of data from diverse sources.
- Position requires external and internal contact in seeking or supplying routine information. Interpersonal skills are needed in order to interact with members of the staff, management, and/or clients to resolve questions or problems.
- Work is under minimal supervision, and may require independent judgment in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to
apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select
option 5. Requests are considered on a