Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai s human health care (hhc) mission. We re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The incumbent will be an integral member of the Global Value & Access (GV&A) team of Alzheimer s Disease Franchise (ADF). You will be responsible for planning and delivering on evidence-based functional activities in support of GV&A mission and strategy for creating product, customer, and operational value from data; for providing measurable performance and quality insights by modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be accountable for clinical data review and analysis of real time data for complex, global projects collated from various data sources. The functional activities will include contributions to the GV&A strategic planning and tactical operations for ADF product portfolio from early- to late-stage clinical development as well as life-cycle management, design and implementation of value demonstration initiatives using secondary data assessments or primary data collection including those from relevant social media forums, and development of disease awareness materials and product value story in support of internal and external stakeholder engagements and scientific communications.
The incumbent is expected to play a central role in coordination with regional and local Market Access and HEOR functions to develop payer submission dossiers according to product launch timelines for the US, Japan, European and other key AD and other dementias markets and to support payer/HTA engagements on economic assessments and models based on the playbook and milestones of Global Market Access Roadmap. As a part of the functional goal, you are encouraged to pursue appropriate, professional development pathways to enrich knowledge, experience, and skills in value and access interface with internal and external stakeholders and to expand on strategic vision on ADF product development and launch support as well as on leadership for advancing seamless stakeholder access to innovative health technology.
The incumbent is expected to be a team player, and an advocate for quality, compliance, professionalism, and core corporate values at Eisai. He/she will be participating as a team member in ADF GV&A planning and operations in payer engagement, value demonstration, pricing research, evidence development, designing and implementing real world retrospective and prospective studies, economic modeling and communications, patient assistance, dossier development and submission, HTA methodology development, collaboration with alliance partner, and potential engagements with ICER.
* Participation in GV&A planning and operations through cross functional collaboration 25%
* Drive alignment across complex matrix of Clinical, Medical Affairs, Commercial and Value & Access functions as well as local country affiliates to deliver an integrated global payer perspective.
* Partner with within GV&A functional team in support of global Market Access and Value initiatives.
* Partner with regional and country Market Access and Value teams in support of regional and country access needs, payer or HTA engagement, and assessment of product coverage and reimbursement gaps.
* Partner with ADF Marketing, Medical, Clinical Development, Diagnostics, Patient Advocacy, and Alliance teams to align on Brand strategy in support of evidence needs for epidemiological trends, benefit-risk assessments, posthoc trial data evaluation including sub-group identification, responder profiling etc., as well as real world evidence (RWE) development, and construction of product value stories.
* Partner with local account executives and medical liaisons to address payer/HTA challenges and stakeholder evidence needs and help identify appropriate data sources in support of patient access to innovative medicine.
* Design and manage complex analytical projects, including developing and implementing approaches that breakdown complex business problems into multiple independent & sequential phases of analysis.
* Engage in alliance collaborative activities, communications, and budget tracking and management.
* Evidence Development and Value Demonstration 60%
* Drive business value through data science and advanced analytics.
* Use exploratory data analysis to build expertise in the strengths and limitations of complex data sets to assist in identifying the right analytical approach given the available data.
* Accurately examine data in a graphical format to obtain insight regarding the information within the data.
* Lead clinical meaningfulness initiatives to address payer challenges, stakeholder unmet needs, impairments in quality of life and patient wellbeing, caregiver burden, gaps in clinical practice, correlates of AD risk and disease progression, comorbidities, lost productivity, as well as social, emotional, and financial burden related to AD or other dementias. These initiatives will require understanding of existing programs that have shown critical business impact and are continuing and expanding to a new stage of alliance and external partnership.
* Knowledge and skills of natural language processing and artificial intelligence is highly desired.
* Lead CMS database assessments, analytics, and reporting in support of US and global access initiatives and payer engagements in the US markets, which may be referenced by ex-US payer/HTA decision making
* Lead economic assessments and value computations for ADF portfolio at the global level. This workstream will be operationalized in collaboration with regions and countries.
* Lead real world evidence (RWE) development programs in support of global market access initiatives, e.g. AD epidemiology and health services research in the US Veterans Administration, possible future RWE programs with German Sick Funds, US IDN RWE collaborations, UK CPRD, EU AD registries, Japan health insurance/medical data centers, etc.
* Integrate and prepare large, varied datasets, design appropriate data science models and algorithms, and professionally communicate results.
* Methodological Development for Innovative Pricing and Contracting 15%
* Understand payer and policy challenges in the global markets.
* Evaluate suitable and adaptive approaches to pricing and contract to ensure coverage and reimbursement.
Eisai is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company also strives for a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is Eisai s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination in employment and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any protected status, including, but not limited to, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, creed, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet