Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
Posting Title Toy Store Associate - Part-Time Requisition Number 201717 Location El Segundo, California Zip Code 90245 Job Category Retail and Merchandising
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It s our heritage and it s also our future. Because we don t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
For more than 20 years The Mattel Toy Stores have been a part of the world s leading manufacturer of toys, Mattel, Inc. They provide a fantastic experience where friends and neighbors can shop for affordable premier brand name toys that bring a smile to a child s face today and tomorrow.
We are currently seeking an innovative and self-starting TOY STORE ASSOCIATE who has excellent interpersonal and communications skills and is detail oriented. This position will report to the Toy Store Manager.
What Your Impact Will Be:
To provide excellent customer service for Mattel Toy Store customers and drive store sales.
Sales Floor & Customer Service Responsibilities:
* Cash and credit transactions for retail, wholesale and charity customers at the cash register
* Process returns and exchanges
* Count till and cash drops and balance the register at the end of a shift
* Review, process and record coupons received
* Enter new members and update member information
* Maintain order and cleanliness of the register station
* Greet customer at entry
* Promote add on items, weekly specials and other values and deals
* Promote VIP Text Club and other customer loyalty programs
* Other related duties as assigned
* Greet customers and assist with finding the desired product, use knowledge of inventory and product to make suggestions as needed and to supplement sales
* Assist in training new or seasonal employees
Warehouse & Inventory Responsibilities:
* Replenish shelves, ensure accurate and current signage, merchandise product and clean as needed
* Receive and count deliveries, elevate discrepancies to the assistant manager as required
* Price and label received product and existing inventory
* Move product to the sales floor for stocking based on inventory/sales reports and new inventory received
* Maintain clean and safe warehouse environment
* Cycle (inventory audit) counts
* Other related duties as assigned
What We\'re Looking For:
* Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and be flexible to changes in priorities and schedules
* Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
A successful candidate must have:
* Excellent customer service and communication skills
* Ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes
* Capability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to bend and stretch - ability to lift 25 pounds
* Manual dexterity for use of a cash register, computer keyboard and telephone
A successful candidate will likely have:
* Experience working in a retail/store/sales environment
* Related certifications, high school degree/GED
The requirements of this position may change from time to time in accordance with the changing conditions of the business. Therefore, Mattel requires the incumbent to be flexible and to assume any corresponding changes in responsibilities.
WHAT IT S LIKE TO WORK HERE:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
* WE COLLABORATE: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
* WE INNOVATE: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
* WE EXECUTE: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
WHO WE ARE:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.