Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Engineering - Utilities
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking an Engineer II to join our Utilities group in the Silver Spring, MD office.
CHA promotes the safe, efficient and cost-effective production and delivery of natural gas and electricity. Our team will assist you in defining an energy vision, identifying the feasibility of conservation measures, and working with local regulatory agencies to secure potential funding. Together, we will enhance the reliability of existing transmission and distribution networks, evaluate and retrofit facilities for smart consumption, and expand your usage of alternative energy.
Our more than 300 engineers, project managers, and utility support specialists are experts in planning, designing and permitting electric distribution, transmission, and substation infrastructure. We have developed gas transmission and distribution mains and stations; installed regulators, gas service, and new pipelines; retired and replaced pipelines; produced residential development layouts; and designed utility systems. CHA engineers develop effective solutions for complex projects and deliver projects on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working alongside CHA's professional engineers, the Engineer II supports the design development, implementation and technical analysis of technical various systems to implement new products, or changes to an existing scheme, to suit individual client needs. The Engineer II aids in preparing technical reports, contract documents and cost estimates for various engineering tasks. At CHA, our Engineer II works on multiple projects in a timely and cost-effective manner to meet client, contractual and company requirements.
The Engineer II identifies technical discrepancies in analytical results and makes appropriate corrections. Our Engineer II develops and maintains a familiarity with the federal, state, and local regulations, as well as the firm's and client's practices, procedures, and standards.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification preferred
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 years of related Engineering experience required
- Strong knowledge of engineering, computational, and modeling software (GIS, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Has a strong theoretical knowledge in the respective engineering field
- Demonstrates a strong willingness to learn about the respective engineering discipline
- Familiar with QA/QC procedures
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to suit various audiences
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment with the willingness to assist more senior staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for our employees' professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.