Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Department of Radiation Oncology is a large academic and clinical department within the School of Medicine which is responsible for teaching and training of residents, medical students, and clinical fellows, as well as both basic and creative clinical scholarly investigations.
Final Filing Date : 11/05/2020
Salary Range : $1,892.80 to $3,800.80
Salary Frequency : Biweekly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : 08 Hours
Location : Cancer Center
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : Yes
Benefits Eligible : Yes
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
This position plays an integral role in the development of overall planning, organizing, analyzing, directing, accounting for and monitoring of all research grants and activities for the Department of Radiation Oncology. The position is responsible for complete management of all grant applications through to completion. The position researches issues, analyzes data, prepares reports, makes recommendations, coordinates, meetings, develops presentations, manages department's research budgets and oversees all research operations, grants and projects, and provides expert and comprehensive financial, analytical and administrative oversight and support for research and clinical project operations. This position will provide strong fiscal and statistical data, short- and long-term projections and all phases of cost recovery methodologies. This position will work closely with department leadership to ensure that research investigators, IRB members and staff, and other appropriate personnel maintain continuing knowledge of, and comply with, relevant ethical principles, relevant Federal Regulations, OHRP guidance, other applicable guidance, state and local laws, and institutional policies for the protection of human subjects. The incumbent will also assist with clinical trials and external research for billing analysis and recharges as appropriate. Serve as a liaison between and among the research team, School of Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center and provides research administrative support to the Department of Radiology when needed.
* Experience performing budget/financial analysis and management.
* Experience and a thorough knowledge of public, fund, and cost accounting principles as applicable to the federal grant process including full IRB processing, grant and contract writing on federal, industrial and private grants.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience using standard accounting principles and practices.
* Knowledge of University accounting/financial/grant policies and procedures.
* Experience with computer software and programs such as but not limited to: MS Office Suite, DaFIS or Kuali, PPS, Decision Support, Outlook, SharePoint and other University-related systems.
* Advanced knowledge and expertise in the use of Excel, including pivot tables.
* Related bachelor's degree or education and/or training in grants and research management and reporting, accounting, economics, and related business management coursework is preferred in addition to paid experience.
* Excellent communication, verbal, written and listening skills.
* Knowledge of University policy and procedures related to personnel and payroll.
* Knowledge of University policies and procedures and GCP.
* Must be able to work a flexible work schedule and occasional overtime. Must be able to work under pressure with rapidly changing priorities.
* Must have the ability to communicate professionally in person, by email and by telephone with a variety of individuals. Be able to work in an area where there is constant traffic and possess sufficient stamina to maintain departmental attendance. Must be able to lift items weighing as much as 20 pounds.
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy..