Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
SEARCH OUR JOBS
Radius Miles5 miles15 miles25 miles35 miles50 miles
REGIONAL FLEET COORDINATOR - UNIFIRST
Apply Now Save Job
Detroit, Michigan; Dallas, Texas; Wilmington, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; San Antonio, Texas
2004864 The REGIONAL FLEET COORDINATOR will be a key stakeholder in developing a world-class fleet program at Unifirst. The Coordinator will be the central point of contact for our Region plants and branches. This person is responsible for ensuring the safety and compliance of drivers and vehicles, in addition; providing expertise on vehicle reliability, and maximizing the life of the vehicle. This person will also assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures, and best practices. The position will work closely with the Head of Fleet Management and other Fleet Team Members.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Serve as the safety, compliance and maintenance expert and business Team Partner for the area of responsibility.
* Conduct periodic site visits to provide in-person support and to ensure compliance to policies and State/Federal regulations (DOT, OSHA, ANSI, etc.).
* Evaluate and improve maintenance programs by auditing vehicles and visiting the local maintenance providers.
* Ensure accuracy of the asset register and other management systems.
* Assist location on vehicles needs through understanding of spare ratios, growth and replacement plans.
* Consult on repair expenses (high dollar) and audit invoices for proper parts and labor costs.
* Develop and provide training to drivers and management on safety and maintenance best practices.
* Directly support, mentor and interact with internal Technicians to ensure proper maintenance is being performed and technician training is current.
* Determine the appropriate tools and equipment needed in each shop.
* Manage key metrics in your area: DOT Scores, PM Compliance, Financials, Warranty and Recalls, etc.
* Capability to offer innovative ideas, approaches, and solutions.
* Assist in development and implementation of safety and maintenance initiatives.
* Evaluate risk mitigation and cost savings strategies.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
* 4 years of fleet experience working with medium to heavy duty gas or diesel vehicles.
* 4 years of fleet managerial experience, managing multiple sites is preferred.
* Knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
* Lean Six Sigma preferred.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must be computer proficient with Microsoft office.
* Ability to travel up to 75%.
* College Degree in related fields or 5 years of equivalent Fleet experience.
BENEFITS & PERKS
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a nearly 2-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine s Best Companies to Sell For list and recognized on Forbes magazine s Platinum 400 Best Big Companies list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there s never been a better time to join our team.
UNIFIRST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE IN HIRING OR EMPLOYMENT AGAINST ANY INDIVIDUAL ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, RELIGION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, AGE, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, PREGNANCY, CITIZENSHIP, OR ANY OTHER FACTOR PROTECTED BY ANTI-DISCRIMINATION LAWS
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request. Apply Now Save Job
Check out where you could be working if you apply. View map
* Customer Service Representative - UniFirst Vernon, California, United States
* Representante de routes - UniFirst Canada L vis, Quebec, Canada
* Route Service Representative - UniFirst Canada LaSalle, Quebec, Canada
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
* Stand out more than with resume alone.
* Stay up-to-date on UniFirst news.
* Chat with current Team Partners.
Last NameSelect InterestsSelect a job category from the list of options. Select a location from the list of options. Finally, click Add to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAccountingAccounting/Finance/InsuranceAdministrativeCustomer ServiceEngineeringEquipment and Facilities MaintenanceFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyMaintenanceManagementProductionPurchasingSalesSales ManagementServiceService ManagementTransportation
LocationSelect LocationAlabama, United StatesAlberta, CanadaArizona, United StatesArkansas, United StatesBritish Columbia, CanadaCalifornia, United StatesColorado, United StatesConnecticut, United StatesFlorida, United StatesGeorgia, United StatesIdaho, United StatesIllinois, United StatesIndiana, United StatesIowa, United StatesKansas, United StatesKentucky, United StatesLouisiana, United StatesMaine, United StatesMaryland, United StatesMassachusetts, United StatesMichigan, United StatesMinnesota, United StatesMississippi, United StatesMissouri, United StatesNebraska, United StatesNevada, United StatesNew Brunswick, CanadaNew Hampshire, United StatesNew Jersey, United StatesNew Mexico, United StatesNew York, United StatesNorth Carolina, United StatesOhio, United StatesOklahoma, United StatesOntario, CanadaOregon, United StatesPennsylvania, United StatesQuebec, CanadaRhode Island, United StatesSouth Carolina, United StatesTennessee, United StatesTexas, United StatesUtah, United StatesVermont, United StatesVirginia, United StatesWashington, United StatesWest Virginia, United StatesWisconsin, United StatesAdd
* Transportation, Detroit, Michigan, United StatesRemove
* Transportation, Dallas, Texas, United StatesRemove
* Transportation, Wilmington, Massachusetts, United StatesRemove
* Transportation, Charlotte, North Carolina, United StatesRemove
* Transportation, San Antonio, Texas, United StatesRemove
CONNECT WITH UNIFIRST
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, events and opportunities. #UniFirstFamily
LINKEDIN JOB MATCHING
Find UniFirst jobs that match your LinkedIn profile. Start matching