Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Company / Location Information
A. O. Smith Corporation, founded in 1874, is a $3 billion publicly traded global water technology leader (NYSE: AOS) with over 15,000 employees globally. We are one of the world's leading manufacturers and best-known brands of residential and commercial water heaters and boilers, as well as a global leader in the manufacturing of water treatment systems for household and light commercial applications. Our Johnson City location in Eastern Tennessee is home to approximately 1000 employees on our Manufacturing and Engineering teams for Residential Water Heaters, a product category in which we have #1 market share - nearly 40% of homes with a water heater have an A. O. Smith brand.
Reporting to our Production Manager, the Production Float Supervisor will be responsible for the efficient operation and direction of a bargaining unit group of up to 60 employees (including area coordinators and leads) in our Water Heater Production Facility. The Float Supervisor must be willing to work any shift in any department to fill in as needed. This role is responsible for meeting daily production schedules, verifying correct manufacturing processes are adhered to, and working with operators, engineers, and quality personnel to identify and resolve potential customer issues.
- Maintain production schedules, estimate man-hours requirements for completion of job assignment and make appropriate action plans.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy of raw materials in the area and assists with cycle counting.
- Ensure timely completion of all manufacturing production schedules including subassemblies, service requirements, and other department requests.
- Interpret specifications, drawings, and job orders to workers, and assign duties.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Supervise and direct team leaders to efficiently meet production schedules through the use of available manpower.
- Report and maintains production records.
- Responsible for the completion and utilization of all manufacturing forms and paperwork and ordering and maintaining inventory for plant production supplies and small tooling.
- Responsible for following through on maintenance issues and for proper care and cleaning of equipment, following all safety policies and guidelines.
- Work with Engineering on creating, maintaining and implementing drawings, BOM revisions, ECO, ETC.
- Minimum of Associate's Degree (or current enrollment in a degree program) required
- 3+ years of supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment required
- Valid driver's license and forklift driver's license required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Leadership skills, understanding of basic principles of human resources and manufacturing process, ability to make decisions, and the willingness to follow policies and procedures.
- Experience in a union environment preferred.
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we offer a competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.