Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
MSICU Blue is a 10-bed medical surgical intensive care unit that provides comprehensive care for critically ill medical and surgical patients. We specialize in the medical management of cardiac patients. We are committed to providing excellent care that is evidenced-based, technologically precise and patient/family focused. We take pride in our collaborative relationships, interdisciplinary team approach and commitment to quality.
Final Filing Date
$59.46 - $80.01
Percentage of Time
12 hour, nights
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
Registered Nurses in the MSICU Blue department at UC Davis Medical Center provide care to patients with a variety of medical surgical needs.
Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient population. Applies knowledge, experience and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff education. Demonstrates leadership skills. Demonstrates accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.
* At least 2-years recent paid RN experience in a Cardiac ICU.
* Recent experience in IABP and CRRT.
* ACLS Certification.
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
* Possession of a current California RN license.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
* Commitment to excellence in patient care.
* Effective interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
* Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner.
* Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation.
* Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice.
* Basic computer skills.
* CPR Certification.
* CCRN Certification.
* CSC Certification.
* Experience in sheath management, Impella, VAD, Pacers, and PA Catheter for hemodynamic monitoring.
* References reflect an overall meets or exceeds.
* Ability to work overtime, float to other areas and work weekends and holidays.
* Ability to safely lift 25 lbs. and assist in moving patients, and stand on feet over extended periods.
* This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.