Posted in Other 26 days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a SONOGRAPHER/ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Orange Park Medical Center's FREE STANDING PARK WEST ER, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Orange Park Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated SONOGRAPHER/ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST like you to be a part of our team.
As a SONOGRAPHER/ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST, you will perform diagnostic procedures with the use of ultrasound, with protocols outlined by the Radiologist. You will operate diagnostic equipment, process images, and prepare room with necessary equipment and supplies for the procedure. You will be responsible for selecting proper technical factors, producing diagnostic quality images, and demonstrating competence in the operation of equipment. You will assist the physician during invasive procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
· You will perform diagnostic procedures on all parts of the body as well as the following most common exams (this list is not all inclusive):
* Limited OB
* Pelvic - trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal
* Head/Neck-thyroid, lymph nodes, carotid
* Venous- legs and arm
* Arterials limited- groin or specific
* Arterial segmental Doppler
* Invasive procedures - Biopsies, thoracentesis and paracentesis
* You will complete the patient's history form, document the technologist exam sheet, take vital signs and check labs as needed, completing consent forms when necessary, and re-stocking exam rooms with required supplies in between patients.
QUALIFICATIONS WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of Sonography
· Sonography certification from the ARDMS (or equivalent) required
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or America Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required.
· Registry in Sonography
· State License required for South Carolina only.
· Minimum of 1 year of Sonographer experience is highly preferred
Park West ER, is a campus of Orange Park Medical Center. The new facility functions as a full-service ER complete with 11 patient rooms, imaging and lab services. The ER is open 24-hours a day, offering around-the-clock radiology services and is staffed by a team of board-certified emergency physicians, as well as specially trained nurses and staff, equipped to treat both adults and children. We are conveniently located at 6477 103rd St Jacksonville, FL 32210 just east of 295.
ORANGE PARK MEDICAL CENTER is a full service, certified Level II Trauma Center with 300 plus inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, FL and just outside of Jacksonville, FL. This state-of-the-art facility provides top-notch medical care to Clay County and the surrounding communities for over the past 40 years. As part of the HCA Healthcare family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, ORANGE PARK MEDICAL CENTER provides the opportunity to develop your career alongside more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, ORANGE PARK MEDICAL CENTER has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider of choice in Northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
HCA HEALTHCARE has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our SONOGRAPHER/ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.