Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Under direct supervision, performs time keeping responsibilities for distributor hourly population. Clerical duties involved include all hourly timekeeping inquiries and requests. Prepares and processes incentive payouts to be submitted to winery payroll.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Responsible for timekeeping of Union and Non-Union hourly payroll.
• Reconciles Vacation/Sick/PTO entries with time off requests.
• Manually tracks sick and vacation time for Union hourly payroll, including distribution of annual recap sheets.
• Supports various administrative functions for union salaried, union hourly and non-union hourly employees.
• Processes and communicates hourly payroll changes, including voluntary deductions, special pays and validates annual vacation accrual.
• Responds to employees regarding payroll related issues and inquiries.
• Provides departmental reporting as it relates to time keeping, for hourly population.
• Tracks temp labor hours for union pension calculation.
• Updates and maintains time profiles in ADP for hourly population when necessary.
• Responsible for processing and submitting incentive payouts, to include salaried and hourly distributor population.
• Partners and collaborates with the Sales, Warehouse, Delivery, HR and Winery Teams to convey information and resolve issues and inquiries.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 4 years of payroll or accounting experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience assembling, compiling, analyzing and summarizing data.
• Skilled in the use of computer applications, including Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
• Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, andmemos.
• Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
• Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, usingwhole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Skilled in the use of Ten key adding machine at an intermediate level.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Knowledge of ADP system.
• Beverage or liquor industry experience.
• Familiarity with California wage and hour.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to use discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
• Educated on basic accounting principles.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills under tight deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience working in a high paced, time sensitive environment.
• Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Establishes, maintains, and fosters a positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to handle reports. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The temperature, noise level and cleanliness of the work environment vary.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.