Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on the underlying principles, rules, methodologies, and technologies that support Finance and Accounting Operations. Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data. Ensures confidentiality of information as required.
- Creates and maintains documents for system process flow, procedures and training purposes.
- Partner with the IT group to support end users for trouble shooting; communicate changes to relevant parties
- Provides metrics and reports to identify business problems and/or support business processes. Works with internal client groups to identify requirements for data report and metrics. Creates and delivers high quality, easy to use reports including charts and graphs as needed. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Issue timely and complete
- Conducts training for operational and functional leaders regarding reporting systems, tools and methods.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans. Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting/Management Information Systems. CPA or MBA a plus, but not required.
- 7+ years accounting/finance experience required, primarily in a manufacturing setting. A proven track record of working with ERP expert knowledge.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of accounting theory and GAAP. Extensive knowledge of financial systems with system implementation experience. Prefer Construction accounting/Percent of Completion revenue recognition experience
- Proven ability to independently initiate and execute projects with a strong attention to detail and deadline
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative team work with operations and functional staff.
- Strong and independent analytical thinker and influencer
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high impact project results through both individual and team effort
- Highly organized and motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects and the ability to manage projects to completion
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Demonstrated ability not only to see the big picture but also to manage the details
- Expert level Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate complex analysis in a simple way
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V