Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
10901 North Rodney Parham Road
At least 1 year(s)
Versatile? Flexible? Talented? Check! Check! Check! First Horizon Bank's Universal Bankers are the retail associates that can perform most operations in our branches. You'll process transactions on the teller line and also open new accounts and seek sales opportunities. You will be trained to educate clients on our products, services, and benefits. This position is a great one if you value teamwork and a fast-paced environment so apply today!
A day in the life of a Universal Banker:
- Collaborate with team members to provide outstanding customer service to our existing and potential clients.
- Deliver exceptional service while processing daily financial transactions.
- Build client relationships by listening to our client's needs and meeting their financial goals.
Provide quality, accurate and timely customer service involving daily processing of financial transactions and opening accounts in a retail banking environment. Promote bank products through positive proactive sales to prospects and cross sales to customers, inform and educate both about products, services and benefits. Perform related duties i.e. outbound sales calls as required to achieve branch goals (meet/exceed sales goals/referral goals), and provide support to branch management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide teller/platform support as needed to keep the lines to a minimum and to provide quality customer service. Teller support would include performing daily processing of financial transactions, i.e. deposits, handling currency, coin, and cashing checks. Platform support would entail opening checking accounts, savings accounts, and provide all other deposit product services. Actively inform client of products/services, profile clients to identify financial needs, follow through, and close the sale.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of other bank services, i.e. Treasury Management, Merchant Services.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements, and any other relevant product information to clients.
- Cross-sell and make referrals to bank partners to generate new business and deepen existing client relationships, participate in client calling activities during special deposit/loan campaigns.
- Responsible for taking loan application for personal/retail consumer needs and \\"handing off\\" the processing of these applications to the appropriate associate.
- Assist branch management with \\"on the job training\\" of new associates
- Participate in branch meetings to enhance knowledge of sales initiatives/processes, bank products, operational processes and \\"exceptional\\" customer service delivery.
- Assist branch associates with all aspects of daily branch operations as needed.
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year of experience as either a Teller or as a Relationship Banker
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS
Microsoft Office Suite- ie Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Access is a plus. In addition, 10-key calculator; coin counter
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7 license, etc)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS