Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for the overall health and management of the SAP environment and integrated systems. The SAP Basis Administrator responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment and integrated systems on an ongoing basis. The SAP Basis Administrator collaborates with other technical team members to quickly resolve problems impacting the SAP environment and is responsible for the installation, upgrade, maintenance, and optimization of the SAP systems.
Additional areas include the evaluation and design of interfaces between SAP and external systems, maintenance of the SAP Data Dictionary and database objects, and manage the migration of SAP database and application configuration into production as well as analyze, develop, and maintain data architectures and process models within SAP.
A key area of responsibility is the documentation and updating of the existing SAP environment and work with IT and business units to modernize the SAP environment. Assist with road mapping strategies. Also, to research and recommend software and processes for optimization and opportunities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (including CTS+) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
- Introduce technical and innovative changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Design and implement optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Install and configure all required SAP database servers, application servers, and integrated applications running on Suse Linux and Microsoft Windows with MSQL, SyBase, Hana, and S4 Hana.
- Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor and manage the SAP background job workload.
- Configure and manage the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances.
- Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP related projects.
- Apply and migrate SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology. Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
- Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
- Support other technical teams as needed for SAP related issues and projects.
- Responsible for administration, maintenance, monitoring, and tuning of:
- SAP ECC \ SAP GTS \ SAP Business Warehouse on Hana \ SAP Business Objects \ SAP Process Integration \ SAP Solution Manager \ SAP GUI and FIORI \ plus other integrated systems as assigned
- Manager, SAP Basis and Security
- 3+ years of SAP Basis Administration with focus in SAP BOBJ, SAP ERP, SAP PI/PO, SAP Solution Manager, and SAP BW on HANA
- Provide status reports for projects to management
- Display excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to grow though self-study
- Bachelors' degree in related field preferred
- OpenText Archiving
- Ability to sit a computer terminal for long periods of time
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for the position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer