Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE: We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic/Technician to maintain and diagnose all machinery and mechanical equipment at our Geneva Pipe and Precast concrete plant in Orem, UT. Mechanical knowledge of heavy equipment and the skill to diagnose, adjust, and repair mobile mechanical, diesel & hydraulic equipment is a must. Responsibilities/Qualifications listed below but not limited to.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be competent with the use of PC, email, text messaging, internet research, and software based maintenance.
• Evaluate work environment for safe working conditions prior to any work being performed.
• Responsible for Lock-Out and Arc Flash procedures.
• Communicate with the maintenance supervisor, affected employees, plant leadership and maintenance downtime, equipment issues, repair ETA’s, and parts and supply needs.
• Responsible for maintaining and improving department lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
• Moderate skills in welding and fabrication. Fabricates replacement parts for equipment or safety items
• Troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
• Troubleshooting and repair of power transmission systems such as motors, gear reducers, couplers and precision
• Must be able to perform Root Cause Analysis exercises on equipment failures, using tools such as 5-whys and cause and effect systems.
• Installs power and lighting circuits and repairs distribution circuits.
• Runs new conduit and wiring for machines, equipment and lighting.
• Inspects, maintains, tests and repairs all electric powered equipment and machines.
• Reads and interprets schematics, wiring diagrams, blue prints and repair manuals to provide required technical support.
• Starts and tests equipment or machinery before returning it to production and works closely with maintenance technician.
• Assists in the company's Preventative Maintenance Program and follows all safety rules and regulations.
• Troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers and coordinate findings and recommendations with Maintenance, Production and Controls Department.
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Read precision measuring instruments such as micrometer, caliper, bore gauges, and dial indicators.
• Assist other mechanics in the performance of mechanical repairs as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have all aspects of communications skills; interpersonal, written and verbal, for dealing with all levels of associates, and for writing reports, and reading instructions and parts manuals. Must also possess the following skills or aptitudes.
• Fluid Power (pumps, valves, and pneumatics, and seals) repair and maintenance.
• Power transmission (bearings, brakes, clutches, drives, and lubrication) repair and maintenance.
• Hydraulics and pneumatics.
• Use of precision measuring equipment.
• Steam generation and transmission.
• Use of test equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
• Ability to secure power and lock out equipment for maintenance procedures.
• Listening to what production counterparts are saying and asking questions as appropriate.
• Managing one's own time and taking initiative.
• Able to follow directions and meet deadlines.
• Ability lead and work in teams.
• Basic electrical AC/DC theory understanding.
• Knowledge of OSHA and other regulatory agency protocols as they pertain to daily duties.
• Knowledge of predictive maintenance protocols and tools.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-Year College or technical school; 3 to 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to touch; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require working outside of standard hours, weekend or evening work, and travel to complete essential duties of this job.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
• To regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally life and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Personal Protective Equipment is required when in the Plant, Yard or Construction Areas:
PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT
o Hearing Protection
o Safety Glasses
o Respiratory Protection
o Protective Clothing
o Protective Footwear
o Hard Hat
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.