Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Support sales activities as a strategic and high-level corporate technical resource for vital pre-sales engagements and key opportunities.
Develop and maintain:
* Core competency on Fortinet's entire product line and technologies
* Expert-level technical and marketing knowledge in one of four specific technology disciplines as they relate to Fortinet's products:
* Network Security Infrastructure - Switching, Routing, and Availability
* Network Security Enforcement - Firewall/VPN; Access, Authentication, and Privacy
* Network Security Management - Centralized Configuration, Administration, and Reporting
* Network Security Intelligence - Stateful inspection, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Intrusion Prevention, Content-Filtering and Application-level Security
* Product knowledge of Fortinet's key competitors.
* Act as subject-matter expert in pre-sales design reviews and serve as authoritative consultant to Field Systems Engineers by providing technical guidance and leadership.
* Participate with SE peers to lead the design and architecture of secure IP networks utilizing and leveraging all aspects of Fortinet's product line to create superior solutions in competitive environments.
* Provide training to System Engineers at various events worldwide and mentor SE specialists within Virtual Teams.
* Serve as Virtual Team Leaders and act as voice representing the International Sales Organization from a technical perspective at various meetings and committees.
* Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to help identify, qualify, and develop features critical to Fortinet's success.
* Write whitepapers, tech notes, and other high-level technical documentation as required.
* Interface with Fortinet's Business and Technology partners within designated technology discipline and distribute that knowledge to the field Systems Engineers.
* Provide status reports in timely manner and ensure communication to the SE Director / VP SE.
* Minimum 15 years Technical experience in networking / security
* Extensive knowledge of Ip networks
* Extensive knowledge of switching / routing
* Good knowledge of security as a whole
* key operational concepts
* network security technologies
* Other, competitive products (will be a plus)
* Team worker, focused on reaching objectives
* Experience with testing devices such as Spirent or Breaking Point (Preferred)
* Ability to travel on short notice (national and international)
BSEE or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred