Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
At Houston Methodist, the Senior Development Specialist is responsible for contributing to the Foundation and its operational success. Independently oversees and leads a variety of projects and initiatives within the Foundation's Principal Gifts Services unit. The Senior Development Specialist relies on appropriate resources to collect relevant data, compile information for management decisions, and ensure the successful execution of related projects. Establish and ensure consistent and objective program performance standards of accountability and quality. Provides project support to assist fundraisers with the planning and coordination of proposal/case development and the cultivation/stewardship strategies for principal gift contributors. Assist with developing and preparing key deliverables in preparation of donor visits and meetings.
This position utilizes strong knowledge of Houston Methodist fundraising priorities in order to develop sound strategies to maximize support to the organization. Works effectively across all level of constituencies (internal/external), including key volunteers, donors, physician leaders and operational executives throughout the organization. The projects for this role are may be unanticipated and directly linked to the evolution of the Foundation's operational focus and accomplishment of goals.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 30%
1. Develop relationships with high-level donors, prospective donors and key volunteers to ensure goals are met, to include leading regular planning and debriefings to determine feedback and next action items. (EF)
2. Proactively maintains familiarity with the work of clinical staff, physicians, and administration to successfully identify appropriate contacts for data collection. (EF)
3. Utilizes effective and fluid communications with internal and external stakeholders to ensure collaboration and synergy. (EF)
4. Effectively communicates project initiatives, timelines and change management activities. (EF)
SERVICE - 25%
1. Independently manages complex projects and coordinates with key stakeholders and others to ensure department timelines, deliverables and budgets are met. Utilizes technology resources to conduct research for assigned projects. (EF)
2. Participates on internal committees and task forces as assigned, ensuring that critical objectives are clearly explained and action items are appropriately completed. (EF)
3. Supports Foundation staff to produce monthly campaign progress reports. (EF)
4. Works closely with Advancement Services and Development Officers to support strategic moves management for contributor/prospective contributor engagement. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
1. Support management with analysis and performance metrics for use in assessments and identifying areas for improvement. Establishes methods to track event, project, and/or initiatives success and gathers feedback for future reference. (EF)
2. Employs a proactive approach in the optimization of donor and department expectations by monitoring and improving the established workflow, using peer-to-peer accountability, and identifying solutions via collaboration. Adopts lean principles in driving process improvements. Role models situational awareness. (EF)
3. Takes necessary steps to ensure resolution of information discrepancies that arise in Raisers Edge. Assists with data clean up, data archiving and data analysis projects as appropriate.
FINANCE - 10%
1. Manages own time and department resources efficiently. Seeks out opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity for self and department. Supports team goals and metrics through efficient, timely and appropriate issue resolution.(EF)
2. Submits invoices on time and tracks and adheres to budget for assigned projects, as applicable.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 15%
1. Proactively manages own professional development. Completes and updates the individual development plan (IDP). Ensures own career discussions occur with appropriate management. (EF)
2. Builds upon foundational knowledge of major gift fundraising for healthcare and seeks opportunities to strengthen skill set within assigned unit. (EF)
3. Stays abreast of industry best practices and make recommendations for improvements.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelors degree required.
o 5 years'experience in communications, development, media relations or marketing, two years of which must be in project management/coordination/event planning.
o Experience in healthcare fundraising/development preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Knowledge of editing and/or familiarity with the AP style guidelines.
o Flexibility and responsiveness in performing multiple projects simultaneously. Skills; ability to prioritize tasks and follow-through to meet expectations of multiple constituencies.
o Strong leadership, facilitation and presentation skills
o Strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to critically evaluate issues, options, and performance results, both quantitative and qualitatively.
o Ability to successfully manage relationships among all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
o Highly motivated and able to work well as team player is critical; willing to accept responsibility and be held accountable for projects.
o Ability to handle multiple priorities with good attention to detail.
o Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive, fast paced environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
o Strong personal work ethic, self-motivated and results-oriented.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation's leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodistis supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.