Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Performs a variety of duties in the kitchen, patient tray line and retail areas. Assists in cleaning of dishes, trash removal, mopping of floors, and special cleaning as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values
2. Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in all areas.
3. Works in various assigned areas of the kitchen, patient tray line and retail.
4. Covers, labels and dates all food items, as required. Maintains proper storage and sanitation of all items in storage, refrigerators and freezers.
5. Maintains proper sanitation of work area and equipment. Uses and follows all safety techniques in handling of equipment.
6. Assemble and delivers floor stock orders as needed.
7. Practices good cost control through the proper use and storage of food, supplies and equipment.
8. Follows safety rules on the job.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or 2 years of experience in lieu of education
Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
* Ability to make sound judgments.
* Customer focused service skills
Extensive walking and standing. Some lifting of up to 50 lbs. Operates potentially hazardous equipment such as mixers, ovens, steamers, meat slicer, fryers, char broilers and cleaning chemicals. Must comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinances.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist West Hospital is committed to leading medicine in West Houston, Katy and surrounding communities by delivering the Houston Methodist standard of exceptional safety, quality, personalized service and innovation. The growing campus offers nearly 200 beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1300 employees, with access to the most innovative medical and surgical care available, including robotic and minimally invasive surgery, full-spectrum heart care, state-of-the-art imaging, cancer care, labor and delivery with a level II neonatal ICU, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, outpatient rehabilitation and 24/7 emergency services.