Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Provides advanced professional input to complex Engineering assignments/projects. Leads team to design and develop a consolidated, conformed set of enterprise entities which store all critical data across Products, Enrollments and other Benefits data. Designs, develops and implements methods, processes and systems and data mining tools. Analyzes large amounts of data stored in a data warehouse or data mart to find relationships and patterns. Supports and provides direction to team member professionals to ensure deliverables meet product health standards and timelines. Works autonomously, consulting subject matter experts in new subject areas when needed. Exercises judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of both standard and complex techniques and procedures. Utilizes in-depth professional knowledge and acumen to develop models and procedures, and monitor trends, within Information Management.
• Drive mentality of building well architected applications.
• Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
• Drive toward automation and continuous validation.
• Identify code defects and work with other team to address quality issues in product code.
• Passion for continuing education and improving code quality
• As subject matter expert, share knowledge with team members and stakeholders to produce a strong product and develop strong alliances within Technology and business
• Articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily.
• Takes ownership over work tasks, and comfortable interactingwith all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
Sample Delivery Responsibilities:
• Core code production for back end applications and RESTful microservices
• Partner with TPO to decomp and design features for the entity products and prioritize quarterly work for the team
• Create and optimize performance and health metrics
• Map user stories to detailed technical specifications
• Mentor team members to ensure deliverables meet engineering product health standards and timelines
• Complete detailed peer code reviews
• Deploying & developing applications
• Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
• Architecting a pilot or PoC effort to bring innovation to delivery
• Work with stakeholders for successful adoption and extension of entities
• Working in all stages of the environment lifecycle
• Automation of manual data object creation and test cases
• Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Requirements and Skill sets needed:
• 3+ years of experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts.
• 3+ years of experience developing in Java technologies like Core Java, J2EE, Kotlin, Core Java, JSP, Servlets, Java Beans, JDBC
• 3+ years of experience with relational and document databases like Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, etc.
• Experience with cloud technologies like Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, etc.
• 2+ years experience with Kafka
• Design and develop operational models using Swagger and integrate with application to achieve skeleton and documentation details.
• Develop micro services architecture applications using Spring Boot platform using Agile methodology with Test Driven Development TDD from scratch.
• Develop configurable applications using Kotlin.
• Develop unit test cases using JUnit powered with Mockito and Power mock.
• Write automation test scripts using cucumber citrus and integrated within Jenkins pipeline.
• Excellent communication skills
• Software version control experience using Git
• Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
• Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
Must be a current contractor with Cigna, Express Scripts, or Evernorth. Evernorth is a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.