Posted in Other 17 days ago.
Director Software Engineering
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2018 revenues of $7.53 Billion, and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions.
Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians.
Approximately one third of United States physicians - and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems - relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 4 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired statusin the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Barron's 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Lead and manage the application development team responsible for the web and other IT applications that support the Quest Diagnostics billing processes. The team may support a mixed portfolio of vendor purchased, vendor hosted, and custom developed applications. Individual will manage portfolio, application life cycle, development requests, integration support, standardization and retirement of non-standard solutions.
• Directs and oversees the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications according to business needs.
• Establishes policies and procedures that produce high-quality software product and service.
• Provide leadership, guidance and supervision of direct reports; train, develop and motivate staff via ongoing feedback.
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations and time zones, including offshore
• Work closely with Business and IT Partners on establishing the Application Road Maps.
• Ensure assigned projects are executed according to established plans.
• Work closely with technical leads to create development estimates and maintain detailed timelines that meet project schedules and expectations.
• Guide software engineers in identifying and creating strategies that support company priorities, Compliance and Security Standards while promoting clarity, understanding and alignment among cross-functional delivery team members.
• Establish plans and promote continuous improvement of how solutions are delivered.
• Direct development operations (DevOps), working closely with project/release managers, software developers, QA, and IT operations to streamline the delivery of software releases into production, while mitigating customer impact.
• Direct release and deployment activities, ensuring that all software-related deployment tasks are planned and executed successfully.
• Oversee support issues and be on point for escalation or application issues.
• Work closely with the architects to help drive strategy, to ensure that the software engineers comply to architecture standards and best practices that promote performance, scalability, security, and recoverability.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of IT and Business Stakeholders, keeping leaders apprised of issues, concerns, mitigation, and remediation plans.
• Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices.
• Enforce the Change and Release Management process to ensure compliance to guidelines and practices.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's polices and applicable laws.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, oversight of daily activities and performance appraisals of his/her employees including off-shore team members..
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• 10-15+ Years of software development experience with focus on web applications.
• 5+ years of people management experience in software development including offshore resources.
• 5+ years of experience with of Oracle, Weblogic, Jboss, Angular, Springboot, Java, SOAP/Rest Webservice, web page creation, and web site maintenance.
• 3+ years of experience leading Agile Software development