It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
This is a part time position scheduled for 48 hours per 2 week pay period working rotating shifts.
At SSM Health, you can expect a work environment where:
- Employees feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
Performs intraoperative neuromonitoring to record the function of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles using a variety of techniques.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Performs tests to diagnose potentially life-threatening neurological disorders.
- May perform advanced monitoring during brain and spine surgery.
- In addition to IONM, may perform Intensive Care Monitoring (ICU), Long Term Monitoring (LTM), Electroencephalogram (EEG) and Evoked Potentials (EP).
- Reviews planned procedures and orders to determine the structures at risk and makes adjustments as needed.
- Prepares and positions equipment to ensure patient safety. Maintains equipment.
- Provides findings, results, and a descriptive analysis according to policy and procedure.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from Neurodiagnostic Technology Program, or Bachelor's Degree
- Three years' experience in neurodiagnostics including one year experience in interoperative neuromonitoring
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Certfication for Neurophysiological Intraoperative Monitoring (CNIM) - ABRET Neurodiagnostic Credentialing and Accreditation, Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (R. EEG T.) - ABRET Neurodiagnostic Credentialing and Accreditation
Rotating Shift (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here