Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This position is for a Sr Engineer Tech. in the Mechanical Instrumentation Department. The primary responsibility for this role is fabrication and installation of various measurement sensors used in testing. These sensors typically include temperature, pressure, vibration, strain and capacitance. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of these various measurement methods and 5 years of practical, hands-on experience with fabrication processes. A wide variety of creativity and latitude is expected.
Required responsibilities to include, but not limited to the following: Operate machine equipment such as lathes, milling machines and EDM's to produce custom hardware. Know and execute correct fabrication processes to produce hardware from electronic or written blueprints. Fabricate tooling and fixtures of own design to successfully accomplish tasks. Effectively communicate job estimate and status with work group and internal customers. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
YOU MUST HAVE
· High School Diploma / GED
· 2+ years experience test / manufacturing
· Some experience in test support
· Have practical experience working with engineering equipment
· Be able to find effective solutions based on root causes; and apply six sigma procedures.
· Sound technical judgment and opinions.
· Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with other individuals in a team or project setting.
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
· Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
JOB ID: HRD118999
Location: 111 S 34th St.,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United States
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.