Please make sure your internet browser is updated to the latest version. Candidates have experienced issues with submitting applications from older browser versions.
Department: Grocery Service Division
Reports To: Area Sales Manager or Territory Sales Manager
Travel Required: Daily travel between company location and customer establishments
Why Join Community Coffee?
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!
As a Presell Service Representative you will be responsible for promoting Community Coffee's premium brand position, delivering products, and performing services for existing customers.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Drives truck to deliver products, equipment and supplies to customer to achieve financial targets for route profitability
- Rotates products (stock)
- Collects payments from customer
- Makes daily bank deposits of funds
- Assists in proper loading of product into assigned vehicle. Unloads products and equipment from vehicle. Checks orders for accuracy before loading company vehicle
- Merchandises products for easy accessibility by the customer (i.e. cutting boxes, grouping like products in cabinets or shelves, etc.)
- Inputs and prints deposit, sales and delivery information in handheld computer; adjusts information as necessary
- Cleans truck and performs routine maintenance (such as washing, and checking fluids, oil and tire pressure)
- Communicates verbally, in writing, and/or via text/email with Presell Representative or manager, as appropriate
- Actively addresses customer needs, problems, and complaints related to products or equipment
- Collects empty containers, out of date, unsold or damaged merchandise from customers and handles according to company procedure
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
What We're Looking For
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One or more years of delivery experience preferred
- DSD route delivery experience preferred
- Ability to operate specific equipment such as an electric pallet jack and a forklift desirable
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver's licens e
- A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) required only for vehicles 26,000 lbs or greater
- Acceptable driving record
- DOT medical certification required
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will service/sell to approximately 20-30 customers per day and is required to do the following :
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms;
- Frequently required to stand, walk; climb or balance; regularly has to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl;
- Regularly required to get in and out of a vehicle.
- Must be able to frequently lift 40 pounds
- Occasionally push or pull up to 100 pounds using a rolling pallet or similar equipment, often up or down a slight incline or ramp.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Field Sales Environment- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be moderately loud in warehouse areas.
Our People We are a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care
Our Integrity We have the courage to always do what is right
Our Customers We have a personal commitment to provide exceptional products, services, and solutions
Our Safety We champion safe behaviors for ourselves, our fellow employees, and our community
Our Brand Everything we do has to be as good as our coffee
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off, employee assistance program, and educational assistance. Community Coffee and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Grocery Sales
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School