Posted in Other 11 days ago.
The Operations and Maintenance Technician performs a variety of operation and
maintenance functions at water production and related facilities. This is a skilled
position that also performs operational duties under the direction of a certified operator
while gaining the experience required obtaining an operating license. Days and hours of
duty may vary as required to fill other O&M Technician shift schedules, or under
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control,
maintenance management, and QA/QC.
- Requires knowledge of mechanical and electrical maintenance of water production or
- Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic and routine process and
mechanical problems in single or multiple unit processes and take action to correct the
process problems by chemical, physical or mechanical adjustments to the process.
- Requires good reading, math, writing, scientific, and verbal communication skills; a
mechanical aptitude ;and the ability to read, interpret, and record data from meters,
gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles, and other equipment.
- Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions; i.e., SOP's, work
orders, other documents, etc.
- Requires being self-directed to carry out tasks and assignments in a team or individual
- Must have the ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees.
- Must have basic computer skills including, but not limited to basic operations and
manipulation of data on spreadsheets, etc.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
- The ability to perform tasks requiring standing and walking for extended periods of
- The ability to climb stairs, squat, and work with hands extended above head and in
front of body.
- Must be able to lift up to and carry 50 pounds.
- Requires working in outside and inside environments with noise and all temperatures
and climatic conditions, and must be able to work under adverse weather conditions for
extended periods of time.
- Must comply with Respiratory Protection and all other Safety Requirements.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check